Oestress

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
For those of you who feed it int he summer, I had Jess on it last year and it really seemed to help her, I am in two mind about putting her on it again this year (she is only rising 4) but though maybe put her on it for the first season or two then wean her off it :eek:
Whne do you all normally start your mares on it ready for spring?

I used to start mine on it about beginning of april and used to keep her on it for first 2 seasons then take her off it, as the only time she was marish was her first few seasons
xXx

a couple of my friends mares are already starting to come into season, if you dont really know when she will start maybe start her mid-march. the nights are getting lighter now, which is what starts off a mares oestrus cycle

My mare has already been in season twice this year!

I use Hormonise - it works better for her - trial & error to find out what works best.

Thanks all, Oestress worked great for her but being so young I don't want her to have to rely on it to cope with the hormones so want her on it the least ammount of time possible :eek: that said I don't want to be kicked by a hormonal mare again this spring, I think I will pick some up today, then at the first sign of her season I can start her straight on it :D

Yeh i started mine when she was quite young but i was always very concious that she would become used to it and reult in it having no effect o her at all so thats why i only do it for first two seasons, i have tried other mare supplemants but oestress works for mine

xXx

newrider.com