Officially a wuss and now need a virtual slap!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
After reading the hunting accident thread by sunshine I probably shouldn't post this! But, I have to share and need some soothing or encouraging vibes - you choose!
Basically, I have been more than happy lately working Storm in the school daily and maybe mixing in a tiny plod out alone. This mornin, I thought we could have a venture following Mr T as he went on foot sorting out water buckets in the fields etc. Well, I felt mean leaving Chloe but she seemed ok - until the way home when Storm and her hollered for each other! Went up the hill at a jaunty pace but ended up getting off - she just felt silly and it was wet and the road is very steep - so Mr T clambered over the fence and waited for me. He then proceeded to make clucking chicken noises all the way home and asked if my fav colour was yellow and feathered!
Back in the schoool I got back on and we had a half hour. Chloe joined us for some in hand walking and all was well. But, I can't help wondering if I should buy a chicken suit - or carry on with my small challenges... After reading all the highs and lows on here I feel a bit fake again..
So, virtual slap and chicken feathers or soothing vibes?!!!!!!
Sorry for long post!

Soothing vibes from me (who should be wearing her very own, custom-tailored chicken suit).

My thoughts - so what? So what if you got off? You felt better, Storm probably didn't care - don't we have our horses to enjoy them?

Of course, this is coming from the woman who is still afraid to hack out - but I'm more and more thinking - so what? It's not like Rusty's cooped up in a stall all day and that would be the only bit of scenery he'd ever see - he's out all day in a big field.

**woopsh** and now the virtual slap has been administered am also sending a big hug ((())) :giggle:

Don't be so hard on yourself! Everyone has different things that they can handle, those same things may be the very thing that someone else can't handle. So don't beat yourself up for the things that worry you, half the time admitting that it worries you is half the battle toward overcoming it! At least if you know it makes you nervous, you can work out a way to calm yourself down.

Keep working on those small victories, because piece them all together and you'll be proud of how far you've come :)

Thanks guys!!!! Lol, I think I have already given myself a virtual slap - and as for Mr T, well, just wait until he rides Storm next!!! Hahahaha, when she goes into her "Charge of the Light Brigade" canter we'll see who needs a yellow suit!!!!!

Lol, Trewsers, I'd be giving your man a virtual slap, what a naughty Mr Trews trying to undermine your efforts! :tongue:
I went for a fab ride the other day, passed so many scary objects, through the town and Flipo was an absolute gem....until five minutes from home and we had to go down this 'steep' bit. I didn't exactly panic, but it was like my brain said 'no, no more'...I'd pushed myself out of my comfort zone for long enough and the elastic had stretched to its absolute length and decided to ping back at that moment. I just said, nope, can't do it, and got off. And you know what, I knew I'd achieved enough without completing that last little bit so I wasn't upset with myself. The only person who gets to say you've done enough is you....and sometimes we ourselves can overegg it. There's no schedule you need to stick to.

You had a go and got off - I wouldnt beat yourself up over it as the important thing is you got back on !:happy:

^^^ This! Can we give Mr T the virtual slap?! :giggle:

!
Yes, virtual slap heading his way! Consider himself soundly slapped!

To hell with bravery, there's nothing wrong with setting yourself up to succeed. Sliopery road and an argument out of your confort zone is not the time or place to have an argument or get out of control.

I get off if i feel unsafe or what i am on feels unsafe. I can support from beside, as the one who looks after the herd of two, the horse cares not whether i am on or not. Before i backed the cob she didn't know that was coming.

The local estate owner calls us the day glow pony, that's because i am very well seen. Call us what you like-having had friend lose a horse when they were hit by a coach, do i care more about my pony or the names we get called. What do you think?

I usually got off in a tricky situation too! I justified it this way: on board, I would be tense and communicate my nerves to the horse, so making the situation worse, whereas if I got off I immediately felt more confident and therefore was better able to cope with whatever.

Mr T can cluck all he likes - personally, I like chickens!

Thanks all - it really was the combo of steep and slippery that worried me - the path down is incredibly stoney and pitted - there are quite deep ravines either side. Sometimes even on foot I struggle - I am glad I got off now. Mr T considers himself thoroughly sauced for his cheek!!!!

What a cheek Mr T has got , don't think you need to worry about what anyone else thinks just ignore him & do what you want to do .

If you are safer, get off is what I say.

Tobes is a proper plonker when excited with me on the floor, so these days I would always stay on if he was in a stomping on mood down a steep hill (which is his absolute favourite to race down!)

I don't think it matters. Today you got off, tomorrow you probably won't. I think if you always get off over a certain issue you are making a rod for your own back, but I know last time I got off when Tobes had his infected leg and wasn't that forward going down a steep hill (which generally he loves racing down hills!), he was absolutely enchanted to see me on the ground beside him.

newrider.com