Oh it's been a busy week for Janey.....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
On Monday we had our lovely bodyworker laydee come out to see Jack and Albi. She does equine osteopathy and remedial sports massage and she's a tiny slip of a thing so it is funny to see her throwing the boys around into weird shapes. Anyway, each of them had a couple of gripes, Jack had been "crabbing" - we noticed he was wonky along his spine and his rear end but he's lovely and straight again now. Albi had a sore back (which I had already noticed and had ceased all work in anticipation of her appointment) and a twingey off-hind but she worked her magic on him and he is fine again too. She felt that the recent field-move hooning may have been responsible for Albi's gripes but I had a good look at his saddle fit and came to the conclusion that because he has changed shape again, it didn't really fit any more. Anyhoo, the upshot is that I popped it on the saddles for sale page on FB and it sold within five hours... and at the same time I managed to find a lovely second-hand NPS saddle which looks as if it may be wide enough for him, so I made a cheeky offer, which she accepted.... and if it turns out not to fit Albi, I am sure I will be able to sell it on, hopefully for the price she was asking ;) I will hopefully get Andrea or Steph to come and give it the once-over as Normy is in South Africa until the middle of June. I have a treeless saddle on loan from a friend but decided to give Albi the rest of the week off riding, just to make sure his back is better so on Thursday I put his blinkered bridle on again and we did a nice 3-mile long-line around the local roads in the sunshine (I needed to burn the calories off too!)

And then yesterday, after nearly 52 years, I finally achieved something I have never done in my life..... I joined a RIDING CLUB!!! :D:D:D

There is a local fun ride tomorrow so I *may* use that as my first trip out with Albi and the trailer.... and then NEXT weekend will be our first away (proper) show... just the in-hand traddy cobs class, but I'm quaking at the thought already. It is actually on Julie's (Moet) yard but she is out on a ODE that day so won't be there. But that is the RC's chosen venue for a few shows, so I'm sure we'll catch up with each other another time.

As it was so sunny I made a start on getting the winter yellow out of Albi's mane and tail..... but as you can see, I didn't get as far as his legs!!! :p I think the dirt shows off the white bits better :cool:

I've also been a lot more strict with my eating and have lost 6lbs so far. Albi is still a fat porker :oops:

White mane and tail !!! Lovely. Not sure Zak's tail will EVER come white but I can try.

Human Touch of Silver shampoo, Ruskii.... you can buy it in Boots but can also get it in Bodycare.... cheaper there!! I get the twice a week one. I wash, leave in for about five mins and then rinse and repeat. I usually wash Albi's tail and leave it in, then do his mane and do the same, then go back and rinse his tail and repeat, alternately. I use it on his feathers too.... did his hinds a couple of weeks ago, just to make sure that the "pink" in the soil would come out. It did. (On show days they will be much more thoroughly cleaned than that though!)

What's the name of the bodyworker @domane? Think I'd like someone to give Moet the once over in the next few months.

Gutted I won't see you, but perhaps u could take part in the jumping clinics up there so I'm likely to bump into you then :) we are going to the Funride tomorrow, if u decide to go drop me a text, we will be going early though (for 10ish). We r likely to be having some canters and jumping anything small, my sunday sharer is riding major and she can be a bit nervous but does like a canter when ground is ok. But we are sensible (tho Moet is a fast walking cob I warn you lol - major tho is SLOW) haha Id need to double check it's ok with my sharer but I imagine it would be fine :)

newrider.com