Ok the Ne are meeting and so is the SW what about US

Susan C

Nov 13, 2000
Dunstable, Beds
tripod.com
It would appear noone lives in the Limbo land between North & South.

But as I dont really believe that, how about Beds/Herts/Bucks and counties tagging around those having a meet.

Now we dont have the moors! to ride.

BUT we do have Pubs to meet and have lunch

Now anyone interested.??????

:) :) :)

addington?

Hi
Well, yes I am interested!! I am looking for somewhere to ride in the Bucks - close to addington area - wot about Addington as a meeting point, that was suggested before?!?! It would have to be a weekend, as that's when I visit my boyfriend!
He's only just moved to the area, so I am sorry I can't suggest any pubs!
(Have to start testing ;) )

"counties" Susan!!!!!!!!! We had two South Central pub meets at Clifton Hamden in Oxfordshire and Mark travelled from somewhere around London. SO, if "counties" means Berkshire/Oxfordshire maybe we could all meet up together. (btw I'm also hoping to join the SW girls/guys weather willing).

If you could all manage to get to Checkendon (Oxfordshire with a Reading post code) I think our yard might be able to "match" horses to levels of experience and the Pubs (when open) and the hacking are brilliant. Anyway, I'd be willing to try to organise something if you like.

Last edited:
Although I'm in the South-West, I think there's more chance of me getting to this one Sandra! Of course, I know when the pubs are open now too and where they are! You'll have to arrange this one for when I'm up there. I bags Kerry. :D

Sue
sue@eclipse.co.uk

Hi Sue

It's a deal!!!!! You CAN ride Kerry - she'd expect it of course - and I'd so much enjoy - yes really enjoy riding behind so that I can see her really enjoy herself and strut her stuff!!!!!!! If all goes well re family moves you can also stay overnight just up the road so we can have a proper drink without having to drive.

Now come on Susan we are meeting for eats ands drinks where do you think this is Wentworth :D Now you know I missed you being at that last meet and would love to see you again but unfortunately you are not within travelling distance :(

How far?

Hi
So roughly how far is Milton Keynes to Checkendon?!?
Am up for a ride too, not been for a while, so sounds extra good!! Snow down here though at the mo!

Ok so I missed out Oxford & Berks..

But it started another ball rolling!!! ;)

I am ok for Oxfordshire as my friend lives just outside Woodstock, also used to live Banbury so from here not far at all.

Then of course we could meet down further..
gosh to places unknown to me.. but I am sure I can finsd it with routemaster

I also like the idea of near Addington..

Also someone must be only up the road from me, as they mentioned how far was Milton keynes from Checkington ??? have I got that right...

Well I am 15 mins from MK.. that terrible blackspot in the country Dunstable, soon to lose its notorious double R/Bouts.

We could arrange sharing transport.

Kerry you seem well organised..

I would love to see Sue C again, although she did promise me another visit and see the Hippo! (thats what comes from being near Whipsnade!!
:D )

I am not bothered about the riding thing, but will go along with what most want.
:cool:

Laetitia you don't need to be brave - I'm not.

Checkendon is at a very very rough guess about 50 miles from Milton Keynes.

So all of the other South Central NRs out there do you want to meet at a pub and do you also want me to organise hack?

LouiseS - I'm pleased you now know where Checkendon is - it'll be nice to meet up again.

Milton Keynes!!

Hi
Milton Keynes is 9 miles away from us. We are in the country about 15 mins from Aylesbury, out in the sticks!!
Checkendon seems too far
Just had an idea, what about the Home of Rest for Horses at West Wycombe/Sanderton?!? It's a lovely place.....really peaceful.
What do people think - there is a riding stables just opposite....Santa something I think, have to check!! - near RAF high Wycombe

Last edited:
South Central New Riders

Just to let you know that I'm still happy to try to organise something at Checkendon to co-incide with when Sue Carnell comes to Kerry and I if you wish me to.

I'm sorry if it's too far from Milton Keynes - perhaps we could do two separate things so that people can opt for one or both.

Sandra

newrider.com