Older sensible ponies are the best!

Doodle92

Apr 6, 2021
Robin has 2 girlfriends over the fence. The young tb has been replaced by a sensible older little lady. She has seen a huge amount of pratting around in her days and sees no need for that sort of behaviour. She is not in the least but interested in silly boys and so ignores completely. Other mare is a 5yo version who is the most sensible pony I have ever met. On the other side is an older highland gelding. Robins partner in crime was at camp this weekend. So when Robin set off at his big trot this morning not a single head even went up. No ears even, were flicked in his direction. Therefore he managed about 15m of big trot before he stopped and waited. Still no one even noticed. So he stuck his head down and ate and didn’t bring his head up till come in time.

I have no doubt if excited tb had been in the field and he had had a reaction he would have had a great time charging about. There would have been a bit of flirting and squealing (from both sides) but without an audience being silly looses it’s attraction.

Tomorrow will be a test as partner in crime is back. He is also older and a pony but quite likes showing off his cob trot and sqeaking. hopefully he will be tired after his weekend and more interested in eating too 🙈🤞

This did make me chuckle, Belle is one of those old sensible ladies, grass is far more interesting than any shenanigans.

The only time she shows any excitement is when shown a XC course! However I’m sure she can count and dosnt actually need anyone to tell her where to go she just does it herself and if jockey wants to come too then fine. Meanwhile apparently young tb has had a great time charging about reliving her racing days in the new field.

I am rather pleased with the swap! I don’t think pony has even acknowledged Robins presence. Going out with his buddy was a non event!

Reactions: Jessey
I keep wondering when Jess will turn into a quieter older lady, but at 18 she's still hotter than Niko who's a 3yo welsh x arab! There is lots to be said for a calming influence in the field.

I keep wondering when Jess will turn into a quieter older lady, but at 18 she's still hotter than Niko who's a 3yo welsh x arab! There is lots to be said for a calming influence in the field.
I reckon they are born old ladies to be fair 😂 Jess will be one of those wild old ladies who’s still partying and kicking up her heels till she drops, I’d quite like to be that kind of old lady myself!

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com