Olympic flops or too much expected

P

pinkheather

Interesting article in to-days paper has the GB olympic team flopped or did we expect far too much from the team because the games were in London. Thoughts please.
I think people expect too much from athletes in this country and heap too much pressure on them. Plus the banality of BBC interviewers never ceases to amaze me when they ask an athlete who has probably trained most of his/her life and hasnt got a medal "How do you feel". I wish some of the athletes would just tell these morons to F off.

We are asking to much as always. As you said these guys have trained for years for their sport and are an inspiration for all.

To get to a final they should be seen as stars. There are competing with the best in the world and they are there with them stroke for stroke, arrow for arrow.

As someone that trains everyday I still can not comprehend how hard these individuals work and 'give' up for their dream.

WELL DONE TO EVERY ONE THAT HAD THE BALLS TO COMMENT AND TRY FOR THEIR COUNTRY AND BIG FU&CK YOU TO THOSE THAT SIT ON THE SOFA AND PASS USELESS COMMENTS WHEN YOU ARE TO LAZY TO RUN FOR THE BUS.

I think there is too much pressure on our team to do well because its in London. Jessica Ennis has already said that people are "expecting" her to win gold. It must feel like the weight of the world is on her shoulders, and the psychological damage if she doesnt win because no doubt the tabloids will be critical of her performance.

As for Beeb presenters - Gary Linekar has peed me no end with his comments to Zara Phillips yesterday regarding how when High Kingdom knocked off the fence with his front feet it cost GB the gold medal. :rolleyes:

Agreed OBC, I think our athletes should be proud (as should any) to be taking part in the Olympics - it takes a lot of dedication and training to get there in the first place. I think we're doing well and all our sports people should feel proud to represent their country there. Any medal winners, whether gold silver or bronze, should be looked upon with nothing but pride and admiration.

I thought the live text commentary about the mens eighth rowers was far too negative. I know the guys wanted gold but they got a bronze, it's not to be sniffed at.

Like the BBC commentator who said to Mark cavendish, "Do you think your effots in the Tour de France have affected your performance?" To which Cavendish said sourly, "What do you think?" and walked away.

newrider.com