Omg its happened we've got a horse (hopefully)

To be honest Ex racehorse aren’t really suitable for first time horse owners as they really need a experienced rider and owners.

Reactions: BW123
To be honest Ex racehorse aren’t really suitable for first time horse owners as they really need a experienced rider and owners.
Agree, I know for a fact mine didn’t nap in training but he sure started when I first started hacking him. They are not fun first horses, when the time comes look for a been there, done that part bred or something. Something you can both chill out with and enjoy from the word go.

Very sad times:(
After a really good try on Sunday the horse napped and threw my daughter off for no identiable reason. Twice!
Vet and trainer said walk away so I'm disappointed and the child is devasted!!
Even though the owner offered a trial for 8 weeks we decided that the time of year is wrong is there is no floodlit facilities so we wouldn't even be able to try and sort any issues out.
I can't face actively horse shopping so am taking an ear to the ground approach.
Gutted!!
Sorry to hear this. I know its disappointing. Can I ask, how long have you and daughter been riding?

newrider.com