OMG ive qualified for something!!

pineapple

Nov 9, 2007
Gloucester, Hartpury
ok, i took my pony to a show and did some in hand classes and some ridden. she won the inhand veteran and was second in the ridden veteran!

these were qualifiying classes for the vhs 2 day show in linconshire and swpa qualifiers.

anyway we decided to go for the swpa one as it is closer..... but im gonig mental. the show is over 3 days and there are soooo many classes and she could even have a stable if she wanted!!!

how can i prepare her for this kind of show, i dont have high expectations but i want to go with a chance. shes doing the inhand so what should i wear, what should she wear, how fit/covered does she need to be.

also its in september so i have to keeep her in amazing condition from now till then how effective is blue chip????

are there such things as hair pieces for horses as she has a small bit of mane missing!!

well done honey ... dont panic i stayed away at stoneleigh last year for the trailblazers champs it was great fun and met some lovely people.

Just carry on doing what you are at the moment that is obviuosly working.Maybe start rugging up 2 or 3 weeks before the show this will keep her coat nice and flat As she older she may change in her coat earlier.

Blue chip does work i haave started using it athough it is very expensive.There maybe cheaper alternitives.

have a look on the VHS website for more info.Hope that helps xxxx

What a exciting thing:D Time to make her even more special:)

Can we have a picture, then we know how to give you some good tips:)

Im another fan of blue chip too:)

Congrats!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Its good fun going to shows over many days especially if you have a few classes to do.

As for the inhand requirements - I'll leave them to someone else to describe!! You can get hair peices though. They are very expensive to buy so if you can find a similar coloured horse who's in need of a trim ....

Well Done!!!!

Dont panic though, the best thing to do is treat it like any other show, try your best and enjoy it!!!

Post a pic so tht we can advise you on what to wear.

Blue chip didnt work on my boy so he gets top spec instead, its a little cheaper and there is a lot more veriety in what they do, they do a good doer one so that it keeps all of the goodness in their food but doesnt encourage weight gain, good for some older horses. Look at their website and they will have their full range.

Try asking another local livery yard if you can try stabling your horse there for three days. Stabling away can be very stressful especially for older horses and you dont want your horse to fret. Taking your neddy to another yard will let you see how she will cope and if you need any more practice at this. When you are there work her as you would at the how show. This will be good practice for you.

When you are there just treat it like home, be relaxed and make sure you get all of your times and classes right.

Its so exciting!!!

the swpa have a forum,. just google swpa, then ask them all the quesions want want answered, there a nice bunch,.

SWPA Champions

Hi

Its great fun and to get the best of it stay for the 3 days. We have evening performances and lots of things happening. We also have a disco on the Friday and Saturday night as well. I am a comittee member now. I have been for about 5 years now and its very friendly and very helply as well. We all camp in our lorrys or tents bring plenty of covers as it can be a bit chilly in September. Well done but dont get carried out and do too many classes for your pony best to leave it to 2 or 3 a day especially if the pony is older. It looks lovely how hold is the pony?? Vanessa

Swpa

At the Championships we have ordinary classes as well as the Champion classes as well. So doing a veteren ridden is fine and you may qualify for the ridden champs then. Vanessa

I was at that show and competed in that class. The judging was an absolute shambles, five official complaints have been put forward to the VHS. It was appalling all in all, and now I have to travel miles to qualify. :mad:

newrider.com