omg wish me luck i think i am going to need it

blonde

Mar 17, 2009
east sussex
i have 2 cross country competitions today on connor:eek:
2ft6 pairs and individual.
only a few jumps i am worried about, the dressing fneces, (the bigger one is the one i am going to do and they are rather large)
there is a triple, dtich one stride step, one stride log
there is a quadruple (what ever you call four jumps in a row) step, step, step, ditch. all going down wards:eek:
and there is a upright jump wich is more like a 3ft jump than 2ft6:D, soooooooo nervous

well it was not the best day but i am still happy with him as it is still one of his first xc competitions
on the pairs he ran out at the water, annoying as i was ment to be leading into it as my pairs horse can be tempremental at the water but she went straight through and connor ran out but then went straight through.
we did really well other than that in the pairs class and we jumped the dressing fences only half a stride out together so 5 points on each one there then :mad:
on the individual i had good hope connor was still raring to go not tired at all :D
but he ran out on the tiger trap he spooked at the jump judge, (really was pathetic) annoying i had him lined up and i got a branch in my face so could not see last minute he spooked at the jump judge, went round the jump spooked at him again jumped the jump second time round landed and did a massive spook dragging me through a load of branches and brambles:eek:, but the rest of the way he went clear he got tired after the the quadrouble and up a steep steep hill but he as only 3 jumps away from home os it was fine.
did not stay for the resualts as conor was tired as was i but apparently even though we had the run out we oculd have still stood a chance of being placed because we were very close the the bogey time :D
so hunting next week not althoguh i was thinking of not going hunting and doing the hunter trial the next day not sure yet:D

newrider.com