Once an equestrienne...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
..... always an equestrienne! Did you see that Zara was caught coming out of the chapel yesterday having already removed her heels?

Screenshot_20181013-081259-600x712.jpg

How many of you can and do wear heels? To be honest, I've struggled with heels all my life and nowadays even a small heel worn for a few hours causes pain which lasts a few days. I don't have flat feet but I do like my flat footwear!!!!

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
Hahahaa good one Zara!
I damaged a tendon last September which was partly caused by wearing heeled boots. All gone now! I only have ballet pumps and country boots and some long ones with an inch heel. Can't risk it again, it's just not worth it as it was so dam painful!!!

I rarely wear heels now and the 6" ones I used to get away with cripple me after a couple of hours, but I can still do 3" ones OK for an evening if I really have to wear something other than jeans/jods :p

I rarely wear heels now and the 6" ones I used to get away with cripple me after a couple of hours, but I can still do 3" ones OK for an evening if I really have to wear something other than jeans/jods :p

I used to love my heels, being short on leg lol I could maybe manage three inch but my poor foot and shin have only just recovered so I'd never risk it.

Reactions: Jessey
I love heels, having said that it is so rare I wear them now I’ve lost the knack of walking in anything higher than 3inch.
I do wear heels for work on the very rare occasion I wear a dress but nothing too high.

Never worn any pencil thin heels. I would be forever spraining my ankles. The most I wear is about 2 inch. The heel has to be more of a wedge for support. If I wear very flat shoes I seem to get sore on the balls of my feet, so I need a bit if lift on the heel to prevent this.

I rarely wear heels because I’m a ‘strider’ and heels definitely hamper that. Plus I’m 5’ 7 so feel like a giant :rolleyes:

Having said that I have a couple of pairs of heels which I live and wear for special occasions (like my OH’s Xmas do, so once a year then :p ) and I do feel really feminine and dressy with them on. I can swan about with a glass of something in my hand for a change, instead of looking and feeling like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards.

I have never worn killer heels, preferring something chunky and no more than 3 inches, but sadly arthritic knees now confine me to flats or 1.5” at most. I still have some of my old favourite shoes, which I suppose I might be able to wear for sitting-down occasions!

Reactions: Trewsers
I rarely wear heels because I’m a ‘strider’ and heels definitely hamper that. Plus I’m 5’ 7 so feel like a giant :rolleyes:

Having said that I have a couple of pairs of heels which I live and wear for special occasions (like my OH’s Xmas do, so once a year then :p ) and I do feel really feminine and dressy with them on. I can swan about with a glass of something in my hand for a change, instead of looking and feeling like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards.
I’m a strider too, but I can actually run in heels, I’m not saying it looks pretty but hey.
I remember my wedding day, my SIL said to me ‘I thought you’d come down the room on a skate board you walked that fast!, your supposed to be elegant and lady like you looked like your arse was on fire!’ :eek::D

Reactions: Bodshi
The thought of even trying to stand in heels like that makes me wince! I love the look of them, but the reality is I could only ever wear them to sit down.

Good one her for taking them off :D

After practically crippling myself trying to wear heels to son's graduation in the Summer the next "heels occasion" (a wedding about six weeks ago) was graced by me in wedges...exceptionally difficult to find a occasion worthy pair, but they are so much more wearable and comfortable than real heels that I think that is the way forward...for me at least. In an ideal world I'd move seamlessly from flipflops to boots and never trouble the patriachy with an elegant leg...not really my style!

Yes, at least 3 times a week minimum.

My job means I have to be business smart for clients and meetings. For me, that generally includes heels for me.

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
Yes, at least 3 times a week minimum.

My job means I have to be business smart for clients and meetings. For me, that generally includes heels for me.

Back in the day when I worked in an office I always wore heels. I remember too when trousers were a no no. We got properly frowned at - only time they were allowed was when it snowed!!! We always had skirts and heels. Tbh I don't miss them. Wonder now how I managed to walk half the time:oops:

I used to live in heel in my teens and 20's. I remember absolutely hating to wear flat shoes for anything. However, I then had children and found that pushchairs are impossible to push wearing heels so I started living in trainers. I now cannot wear heels without tottering around and falling over!

Thank you Peters Mum I was starting to think I was the only one. My uniform for work can be flat or heels so I wear heals they are 3inch. I also wear heels when ever we go out someone other than the yard!!! when food shopping.

I love how they make me feel and my OH loves me in them hence making me feel good in them so good alround

Thank you Peters Mum I was starting to think I was the only one. My uniform for work can be flat or heels so I wear heals they are 3inch. I also wear heels when ever we go out someone other than the yard!!! when food shopping.

I love how they make me feel and my OH loves me in them hence making me feel good in them so good alround
But how can you walk in them???

But how can you walk in them???
It’s easy, you put one foot in front of the other :p
It’s easier to take the weight through from heel to toe just as you would walking in flats, you just have to not walk on tip toes which heels tend to almost force you to do.

So need to wear small heels and I look on line for instructions - one site says heel first like normal shoes and the other says ball of the foot slightly first.
Any real guidance anywhere? OBC?

newrider.com