One for the oldies. Hot sweats or the allergy?

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
Ok, I am now 55years old and the change is over and done with, with very few problems if any.

The only trouble is I still keep having hot sweats but just my face. One minute I am fine the next its, phew! and off flies the jumper into the nearest corner.

I am getting sick of it. I don't know whether its hormones or my dust allergy making me feel feverish. I am not asking the doctor just yet because they don't know much imo.

I wondered about trying HRT but it seems a bit daft now I have come this far...or is it? What do you experienced ladies think?

My wife's went on for ages but it eventually passed and I was able to move back into the house from the shed.

I went through the sweats without HRT but I now seem to be endlessly restless - and pillows are never cool enough! the fact that one of the cats insists on sleeping on my head probably has something to do with it - she slipped one night, hooked a claw into my face, side of nostril, and gave me a wonderful crescent shaped scratch....which is scarring nicely. thanks kitty.

I am not to bad at night D & T. Perhaps you could try the chillow Frances mentioned.

It tends to be my feet at night. I have to kick the covers off now and again. My dog is like a lead brick and insists on sleeping right where I can't get my feet out:frown:

newrider.com