One of those days....

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
a good one for a change:D...
I have struggled a bit this winter..as we all have and my lambing wasn't the best plus I had to keep them in for a long time(still coming in at night) as ground is so wet.

But today I feel great...the sun is out and shining, I rode marley in the field and it just felt so good, they where working in the field behind us and moving cattle about so we just sat for a while and watched. Rummy is full of the joys of spring since being clipped, it really does seem to have taken years off him, not only in looks but his whole attitude towards everything, he is cheeky and cantering around the place, such a joy to watch.

I then got all the ewes and their lambs turned out and they are all looking so well, the lambs are getting so big.

Then I went home had lunch , got changed and took Blue our dog out for a run around the racecourse. I ran 2.48 miles in 25 minutes.

I am now going to the farm suppliers to get sheep feed then I will have to muck out the stables and get the girls pens ready for tonight...

Here's hoping for many more good days, just need it to dry up a bit and stop bloomin raining!

How's everyone else coping now?

It isn't the winter up here so much as the summer you don't get lol (that's the locals not me!) but we have had a little dryer weather, would love some more:)Mr T rode around the fields last weekend so it's getting there. I've given up pegging washing out as it keeps doing Aprio showers:rolleyes:
But it's fairly calm wind wise, so not all bad:D
@joellie nice to hear things are going well for you and your critters:D

Reactions: joellie
It rained here for most of the day, heavy as well. I rushed home last night from work just to mow the lawn as it was forecast. So I didn't get to ride. But I was determined to mow the grass otherwise it will be mega long by the time it dries up enough to cut. I'm trying to make things easy on myself and my poor back.
It's supposed to stop at 5 for an hour, so I'm going to rush out then tack up for a quick road ride. Hopefully be back before it's starts again.
Sunday is looking very cold.
I've left all the girls in today. There a bit miffed. I just popped in on my way home from work to be greeted by another set of twins. Twins this morning and twins last night. So far so good. Touches wood.
@joellie did all yours lamb in the end. I know you were up to the 6th.

It rained here for most of the day, heavy as well. I rushed home last night from work just to mow the lawn as it was forecast. So I didn't get to ride. But I was determined to mow the grass otherwise it will be mega long by the time it dries up enough to cut. I'm trying to make things easy on myself and my poor back.
It's supposed to stop at 5 for an hour, so I'm going to rush out then tack up for a quick road ride. Hopefully be back before it's starts again.
Sunday is looking very cold.
I've left all the girls in today. There a bit miffed. I just popped in on my way home from work to be greeted by another set of twins. Twins this morning and twins last night. So far so good. Touches wood.
@joellie did all yours lamb in the end. I know you were up to the 6th.
Yes mine all lambed, the last one I was waiting on was 2 weeks later than all the rest. She started on Easter Sunday and it wasn't good, the vet had to come out in the end. The lamb was already dead and her placenta had started to rot.I don't think the lamb was dead that long as it looked ok but a bit small. She was very poorly after and I had to inject her with antibiotics. She is now on the mend but I really thought she was a goner . I have 9 lambs all together, 3 sets of twins and 3 singles one of them is so big I can't lift him, we've nick named him Arnie :p

Yours seem to be lambing well on their own which is so good. Most of mine were first timers so it didn't help. I would love to be able to leave them out full time now but its still too muddy in places and the grass still needs a bit of a chance to come up more , so I think they will have to come in at night for at least another week or 2 :(

newrider.com