One reason I won't mind moving

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
FB_IMG_1489178568100.jpg
I put fly spray on 2 hours before taking this, those are all blood sucking mosquitos :eek: they even bit me through my jeans. I'll be digging the fly rugs out tomorrow.

It was 13 degrees out and I was wearing a woo legs hay @domane to try and stop them biting in my hair, they got me 4 times through my jeans though. I thought last year was bad but this is even worse.

I'm sure they came out of a patch of long grass I gave the horses access to a couple of days ago, I thought mosses bred in standing water though.

Crikey this post made me itch!:eek:
I do not miss those at all. There's something to be said for our sea breeze. We rarely get mossies / midges. I hate them with a passion! Back at old place they ruined many a lovely warm evening sat with the girls. It used to get so bad we all ended up going inside!!:mad:even Avon skin so soft didn't ward 'em off. Much sympathy to you and jess!

Reactions: orbvalley
I'm on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, the yard is on the little ouse river and we have 2 acres of wetland between the field and banks, they were never this bad until last year and I've had the horses near here for almost 10 years now, I think the wet warm winters are working in the bugs favor.

newrider.com