ooo I'm off to Studland ! First outing planned in 3.5 years of owning him

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
I had enough of saying 'i'm going to do this or that' and never doing it. So decided beach is the way to go and I'm doing it for my birthday this year. Winter time so hopefully less numbers on the beach.

I should receive my permit back in the next week or so after I've proved he's insured.

He'll probably be a t*t and his brains blow but I don't care - I'm going to do it.

Studland here we come baby ! :dance:

Omg omg omg it's actually going to happen!!!!!

I can just imagine Levi looking extremely handsome as the wind streams his mane and tail out behind him. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

:dance: Wow Exciting :dance: Also like you winter will be my first venture to the beach, was going to do Studland but alot of my friends ride down Highcliffe and Hengistbury Head, and its free so may try there first. But Whoop Whoop can not wait to see the photos x x x

K8te that's interesting about Highcliffe and Hengistbury head. OH has ridden down at Highcliffe with his horse many moons ago, this is a no go now as you can't park there anyway because of the height barriers restricting trailers :( How do your mates get there ? Is there a secret car park somewhere I could use :ninja: as well, because I would prefer to try a local one first if I could.

Failing that it's Barton or Milford beach ...

I like the thought of a secret car park ..... like the side of a house opening up with a secret knock, to show a lane down to a hidden sandy beach park :happy:

Ignore me lolol ... Sounds like you`re being much more positive doing the "i am" thing and actually making plans ... and naturally we`ll be needing photo`s of said event :wink:

I'd like to ride at Hengistbury Head but it's all shingle & big stones... I think I'd rather ride on sand? Would LOVE to ride out at Studland, have asked a mate if she'd like to take her lorry to a beach around here sometime as I'd like to try & treat Roxy's feather with salt water. Watch this space!

If you want to ride at studland it's a tenner for a day permit and you need to prove you have upto £2 mill public liability :)

Give me a second and I'll find the link, but you get the permit thru national trust :) Highcliffe i'm interested in now, as that's a mix of shingle and sand. In Australia I used to take the horses to the beach almost weekly in the summer holidays, but always on sandy beaches, might have to have a reccie at highcliffe tmw as I could do that next weekend if I found somewhere for the trailer. :dance:

Last edited:
Someone has told me before about Highcliffe but I never really persued it so if anyone finds out any details, Id be very pleased to hear about it!

Have just been looking at a satelite view and think there is parking behind Hoburne Holiday Park. Am away for a few days this week but might have to drive down there to check it out next week :)

I'll ask my friend where she parked last time she went to Highcliffe and will let you all know when i hear back, maybe we should all do a beach meet as we are all quite local?? x :wink:

Just found this info:

If you have your own horse or pony there are no restrictions for riding across any New Forest District covered beaches (Barton on Sea, Calshot, Milford on Sea or Hordle Cliffs).

Riding along the beach at Lepe Country Park is permitted however please phone them direct to advise when you intend to visit on 023 8089 9108.

We have been advised by Christchurch Borough Council that you are also permitted to ride on Highcliffe and Mudeford beaches between September and Easter. You are not permitted to ride along the seashore between Easter Saturday and 30 September (inclusive) between 10am and 9pm.

Still need to find parking though!

I don't think you could ride a horse along the beach between Barton and Highcliffe easily as it's quite steep and there are loads of massive rocks and shingles :( I walk my dogs down along that stretch but stick to the path as it's a bit to hard going for my liking on the actual beach bit. I'm off to have a reccie tmw and look at car parks, I did do it once before for around Avon beach but they all have height restrictions all the car parks around there :( Probably because it's Dorset and not Hants ?

newrider.com