Oops! Oversight!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I thought I had introduced the baby but I haven't. Sorry.

When we moved yards it meant that we needed to get a companion for Jack for whenever I take Albi out. I put a wanted ad on a cobs page on FB for a colt weanling and an acquaintance offered me one of the foals she rescued from a gypsy field last November after he moved all the other horses off and left two babies behind!!! He and his piebald "brother" were both severely underweight and riddled in lice and worms so they spent winter in a large barn being treated and fed. They were also gelded, vaccinated and had their feet trimmed.

When she described Cullen as skewbald I automatically assumed he was just red and white, so when I saw he was tri-coloured AND the image of Boo I fell in love all over again.

He took a few weeks to get to know us and become friendly but now he is a typical baby - in our faces all the time! But it's wonderful having another youngster around...you forget how energetic they are and he encourages the other two to run about too!

Initially he was next door to Jack and Albi but after about a week he went in with them. Initially Jack was his usually beastly self to newbies so Cullen palled up with Albi. Then I had to put Albs in a fatty paddock so Jack had to get over himself and tolerate Cullen on his own. This actually helped a great deal and they are all now really bonded. And they don't stress if Albi and I disappear off for a hack.

So that's Cullen. Apologies again....

FB_IMG_1465683885611.jpg

Hardly a good way to start life bless him but he's fallen on his feet with you. He looks to be a lovely chunky sort. How big will he make do you think? He has lovely markings too. I think I might be in love....

newrider.com