oops

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
:redface:

Last fence of the course! Luckily I'd already had a pole down, had I been clear at this point I would have been VERY cross at myself for coming off - as it was I got back on, jumped it, and left the arena laughing (I had wet sand in my knickers, what else are you going to do!). I'd basically lost my canter and asked Jam to take off on a very long stride which he knew he couldn't do, sorry Jess but you're going to have to jump this on your own :tongue:

I enjoy nothing more than piccies of good riders falling off - makes me feel sooooo much better! :tongue:

Glad your ok joosie and what a very elegant fall ;) I think the wet sand would have been the worst part for me :eek:

Yes of the many times I've fallen off there is only footage of 2 or 3, and none of the good ones either! These pics are off the video - typical it would happen at the one show I've been to in the last 2 years that didn't have a photographer. I would love a professional falling-off shot!

I'm pleased that you are not hurt - the picture looks like you hit the pole with your leg. Do you have a big bruise?

I wish that I could laugh after falling off!

MP last week I had a fall off Dessie that made me seriously not want to get back on - not had that for a long time but trust me it happens! I had to psych myself up just to put my foot up into the stirrup and my hands were shaking. I had to get my boss to babysit me for the next 20 minutes. Today it was really just an "oh bugger" sort of fall, where getting back on and laughing about it is the best thing you can do, and it helped that it happened in public where I don't like to show I'm shaken up... pride is a great motivator :wink:

newrider.com