Osberton Estate pleasure ride

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Melody and me are doing it this sunday......ekkkkkkkkkks its only my 2nd ever pleasure ride and my first on Melody. I am going to be riding with my Skye on Ollie our part bred arab pony and her friend on her cob pony. They have promised me a nice gentle ride round with them.... then they will go round again at a faster speed to have some fun..... I am planning doing the 6 miles and going to put Melody back in her Pelham for the day to give me some extra brakes.

Please wish me luck !!

If this is a successful outing we will be joining the local endurance club for more pleasure rides.

I will be on the dapply grey Highland pony in a Pink Hoody!!!!!! just tootling along with a black part bred Arab and a coloured cob :) It would be great to meet up :)

I'm sure I'll spot the pony in the pink hoody :D

We're hoping to arrive about 10-10.30, but knowing us we'll be rattling up through the gates just as they're closing them. It's a straightforward run down the A1 for us though, so hopefully we won't get lost and fingers crossed there are no diversions to confuse us. It's the first PR of the year for us - really looking forward to it :)

I have an ex-royal mail bright red box, 7.5 tonne but on a SWB - quite easy to spot. I'll look out for you too x

Oo what fun :D you know if you ever have no one to go with, a space in the lorry and a spare pony I will volunteer to come and keep you company ;) :p

Don't you live miles away Jessey? I know you live near or in a forest but I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea where it is, just a vague feeling that it's 'down South' somewhere :oops::)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I am wide awake this early .... excited and ready to go... Hope I manage to see everybody there is going to be a couple of ladies on Highlands going too :) so it will be a fun morning hopefully.

Hopefully see you there Bodshi... I am in a white Renault master transit van with blue writing and me in pink today :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey
We never made it :( was all up for it till Mels was silly in the box and knocked the breast bar off on a dual carriageway..... never been so scared in my life...so sorted the breast bar and the swinging partition, turned around and came home .... live to fight another day....

But the plus points is I got her ready and loaded her all by myself and sorted out all our stuff...... next week is another one at Blankney Estate in Lincolnshire will aim for that one :)

Reactions: Jessey
Really sorry you missed it NL, but sounds as though there are plenty of positives to take from your day anyway. Glad Skye and Ollie enjoyed it too. I didn't see them, but then I was looking for a Highland and a lady in pink! Did they tell you how busy it was? Absolutely manic, I don't think the organisers expected so many - the lady who was trying to direct people to parking seemed rather stressed. They must have raised plenty of funds for the pony club anyway.

Our day didn't go according to plan as some other friends' plans got cancelled so we ended up having a group outing from the yard - there were 5 of us altogether and we had a great time. One of the riders is an eventer and she found some nice practice jumps, she was also very good at coaching the less able amongst us (ie me) over some little jumps into water etc, which was great.

Raf seemed fine when we got back, but by tea-time he was shaking and didn't eat all his tea, although is temperature is normal and he's tucking into his hay. I've put an extra rug on and I'm going back over as soon as Mr Tesco has been, to check on him.

Reactions: Native Lover
newrider.com