Ouch! An' I wasn't even riding!!

G

Gwenllian

If I HAVE to fall, I do like it at least to be for a worthy reason!- like riding or looking after my horses! Today,I was wandering sleeplessly accross the yard with a bucketful of lamb bottles, miles away, when our new 'farm lad' asked me where something was kept.I didn't pay any attention to where I was going, just kept on walking,with my head turned towards him.Lo and behold I slipped on a sheep's afterbirth.My husband is usually very fussy about disposing of them, but has failed to impress this upon said farm lad as yet! I somehow managed to land with the arm of a wheelbarrow, in a very painful place!!!.Does this mean that if I'd fallen two steps further forward, I would have landed IN the barrow?? I would have smelt a little like Dizzy's car seat!!

I know the feeling well, calving and taking a step in the wrong direction, there's no way on earth you can keep your feet while paddling in afterbirth!

I was once at the vet's helping with a cesarian on a sheep, his lovelly hygenic floor became a skating rink when covered in the afore mentioned stuff! We ended up in hysterics (no pun intended) trying to stay upright and operate at the same time.

Hope the backside isn't too bruised!

Smell like my car seat, now you don't want to do that!

What never ceases to amaze me, is that when you fall over it can't be done on your own privately so that you can writhe about in agony unseen, but you always have to do it in front of an audience (or at least I have to).

Hope your not too bruised.

Lesley

newrider.com