Our first dressage report!! (Added pic)

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
Well as it happens it wasn't too bad! There was about 1000 people in the warm up so I couldn't get much canter work in without being cut up, but did what I could and went in to do prelim 7. He tried to change leads in the first canter (trying to be clever and failing!!) and was a bit hesitant about using the corner by the exit but went fairly alright otherwise. Judge commented on his nice paces and that he was a nice smart horse :) Wasn't expecting to place as there were 12 or 13 in the class but we came 6th and got our first ever dressage frilly! Was chuffed that we managed to get a frilly in our first ever test!! :bounce::cloud9:
Next we did prelim 14 and he went a lot better for me and I was able to ride him more as he we was more settled in the arena and not looking as much. I think I overcooked him slightly with the second warm up though as had a couple of comments on poll being low in placed, where he curled up on me a couple of times. He hollowed to canter a bit, but once he got going his canter work wasn't bad at all. We didn't place in this one as stiff competition but our percentage was better than in P7 and thats what counts as I felt he rode better in the second test. We got 62% in P7 and 63.9% in P14 which I thought wasn't bad for his first outing! I'm really pleased with him as he tried really hard for me and when he went well he went really well! He is such a good boy, I love him tons!! :twins:

Last edited:
Thanks, the warm up there is small anyway but there just seemed to be people all over the place, how long does it really take to warm up!! Funnily enough we are going dressaging again on sunday this time for P18, so will be nice to see how that goes as he knows the venue so should be a bit more relaxed I hope!

My dad did come and video my tests but caught a couple of pics in the warmup for me, so thought I would share one as I have been slacking on the photo front recently!!

I must pick up my hands!! :redface:

Last edited:
He is not for sale!! My YO technically owns him but I essentially have him on full loan, and treat him as my own. So he is not going anywhere :)

Well done.
You mention about picking up your hands, my previous instructor raised mine but current one has lowered them again.

newrider.com