Our Gang 2020

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
first visit this year to post , not sure where the time has gone. have been on a couple of times to check on whats happening but have totally lost track now so hope you are all okay and well.

the girls and Acorn are out on the hill, which is waterlogged and its going to take a few hours work to demud them when I can get them into a drier area, for now the summer grazing is at last showing signs of recovery and grass growth but the land is still too wet to think about moving them down otherwise it will just be trashed as well.
Charlie is the only one who has been in overnight this year and the small turnout paddock at the yard is well drained so he acually has normal legs free from mud!!
We have had limited frosts this winter so the gang out 24/7 on 4 acres and are looking good weight wise , they get 2 maintenance feeds a day and have not seen a rug all winter, they have only had haylage on a morning if there has been a frost down, used 3 bales of equilage so far so that tells its only tale on how mild it has been.
We have had no storm damage so one thing less to worry about.
The only one on hay is Charlie . hes not messy so a bale of shavings a week does him, hes been out of his rug for a week now and is happier...he got grumpy as the weather got milder but is back to normal once the rug came off.
We hope to show this year but no definate plans in current climate.

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
Hi hope you are all keeping safe,as you can see from the photo the gang have social distancing off to a fine Art.

Charlie has been turned out earlier than and is on small paddock as we manage his adjustment to grass. but easier all in one place.
Daughter is doing mornings as she will also exercise Gem and Charlie. I will do night feed.
We are well stocked with the feed , suppliments and medications, feet done last weekend. Tess in booked in with Vets for her annual jab and check and Vet will
let us know 24 hours before coming.
I had expected the measures so have been planning in advance.

please keep safe, I will be able to log in most days now all this time on my hands.

Attachments

• 20200324_155118.jpg
    20200324_155118.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
how wrong was I, I have managed to log in a couple of times but not posted.

Hope everyone is okay, we are surviving this end, all ponies are ok other than Acorn who managed to strain his groin during his escape into the other paddock so had a few months trying to get him right, hes back out with the others now in his own paddock but has bruised toes as he had to have a delay on his trim , we will get there, this is nothing new in the life of Acorn. Charlie is worked most days and looking good and Gem is continuing her ridden education , coming on nicely, obviiously no showing this year. we are busy building a new feed room and haystore at the field. have the winters hay in already at yard, and 2 round bales waiting to go to field as soon as SIL has finished it.

I will try and get some photos and post before the year is out.