Our Second Solo Ride!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
No-one else wanted to ride this morning for one reason or another, so I decided last night this would be a good opportunity for Tobes and I to do our second solo jaunt!

Am so pleased with him. He didn't nap out of the yard, we passed the very scarey big white duck who was sat on the bridge, and despite a small holding of his breath we went past with no problem at all.

He didn't call once on the way around and was just fab.

This however is only a very baby route, in total only a half an hour ride. We did this one for our first solo ride, and so I think we had better do a different one next time, although most other rides are over an hour.

It is lovely though, just being able to ride without having to fit in with other people. Am hoping he continues to be happy about it!

Well done!!!:biggrin: I have a mental image of a massive and evil looking duck sat on a bridge ready to dive bomb horses!! :bounce:

Inspired by you all keep talking about solo rides I bit the bullet a few weeks ago and went out by myself and then again Sunday morning and while company is nice it really is great I think to be off on your own on your own horse not having to rely on anyone else to ride! We are also doing baby routes at the moment just until we both feel comfortable extending it a bit further from home.

:bounce: I think thats the key for me, it means you don't have to rely on other folk to get out and about, but there's nothing wrong with sticking to the 'baby hacks' for now - gawd, I've never progressed past them!!!

newrider.com