painful jumping

purrrfect

Suzie
Feb 21, 2006
surrey
hey everyone, thought i'd share my eventful wednesday with you..
i planned at the last minute to go up the road and do a little local clear round, so i brought rusty in and was hosing his legs when a huge white slate thing fell off the roof and made rusty leap in the air and land on my foot. i was only wearing trainers at the time, which was a bit stupid, but i hobbled off to go and get him ready. but when i tried putting my foot into my long boots there was noway it was going to fit as it had already started swelling up so i ended up wearing my extremely filthy jod boots n chaps. so anyway we went round the 2ft6 and came clear :D and i wanted to do the 2'9 aswell but was too painful so went back to the yard, took my boots off & realised i actually couldnt walk lol so my mum managed to drag me to have an xray & turned out ive just chipped a bone.. but was a good start for the season for rusty & i can walk almost normally again now lol

You're brave carrying on that much! And unlucky for the slate to fall then. My bouncy, bolshy cob has squidged me so often, I now have steel-toe capped wellies as well as Mountain Horse boots!

Eugh i know how you feel lol, this time last year i was riding a mare called Lizzi and i was just walking her up to the menage to ride her when she spooked (inhand) and leapt up and landed on my foot. Still hurts to this day, and yup i still have a bruise! :eek: Then, just to make matters worse, before xmas i fell off a mare at college in a jumping lesson and she stood on the inside of my foot, ouchy! Managed to convince my RI i could actually walk so that i could get back on and jump her over the jump! After that i got off and sat on the floor lol, my foot was in agony and i just couldnt walk at all! I had to hop 50m odd to get to the door too, but luckily my RI realised it was going to take ages and got me a chair for frequent breaks!! ;) - That still hurts too...both swelled up, and neither time did i go to the hospital, i got the option but i refused as i would hate the bit where if id broken anything and had to have a cast on my foot, hence meaning i couldnt ride and id be n crutches!! :eek:

The first one, i was wearing muckboots with steel toe caps in, but Liz just caught the wrong side of the steel toe cap!

newrider.com