Painful Splints...

Nutty Horse

Jul 26, 2006
Taunton
www.freewebs.com
Does anyone have a horse with a splints or splints? If so does your horse ever knock them or have any problems with them? Are there any good boots for splints? My girl has a splint on each front leg and I have a suspicion that from time to time she knocks one of them and goes very slightly lame. Within a few days she seems ok. I always put boots on her and she wears padded bandages xc but just wondered whether any one else had any problems with splints? :confused:

How long have the splints been there? Where abouts on the leg are they?

You say you use boots already, which ones are you using & do you turn out in boots?

How long have the splints been there? Where abouts on the leg are they?

You say you use boots already, which ones are you using & do you turn out in boots?

She has one on the inside of each front leg, about hallf way between her inner knee and fetlock. They are quite big but she has had them for less than a year. I use brushing boots although these must put pressure on the splints. I don't turn out in boots although she is very quiet in the field and never seen running around (although she does roll daily so i guess she might knock them then???)

newrider.com