Paints and Cobs... yuck. [opinions]

StormBidder

Nothing worth saying.
Jul 6, 2008
Newmarket
www.myspace.com
Without being rude or mean or insulting anyone...

Without any regards to personality etc...

I dont like how big heavy cobish horses or coloured ones like paints and appys etc look.

I just think they can be quite ugly.

Obviously there are exceptions.

I just want to see what others like and dislike!

I love dappled greys that are small and light, I think they are gorgeous!!

I am a real sucker for greys lol!

So this should be interesting to see what everyones preference is on appearance.

We all know we are shallow creatures really...

i find appys (cant spell the full word :eek:) quite ugly as well as light coloured palominos, duns and chestnuts (prefer the darker rich colours, liver chestnut is probably my favourite!)

dont like horses with big white faces or wall eyes (or cremellos and albinos :eek: yuck).

also prefer a horse with a bit of knee action over a daisy cutter, but i can live with that.

i find appys (cant spell the full word :eek:) quite ugly as well as light coloured palominos, duns and chestnuts (prefer the darker rich colours, liver chestnut is probably my favourite!)

dont like horses with big white faces or wall eyes (or cremellos and albinos :eek: yuck).

also prefer a horse with a bit of knee action over a daisy cutter, but i can live with that.

I dont like palominos and duns either actually although i find white faces cute and the eyes look evillllll
hehe

i love greys, palaminos and duns.
bays are ok but have seen one too many hunter classes where they all seem to be bay and look abit boring :eek::eek: i dont mind really dark bay though

have seen so many coloured horses, i used to really like them but ive just seem too many

i love a nice coloured but i'm not a big fan of gypsy vanner coloureds (sp) i do like hogged and trimmed cobs tho, they always look nice and smart :) (spesh skitts hehe:D)
i do love the appaloosa colourings on any horse really every appy i've seen has been nice looking
greys for me are hitty and missy,i dont like it when they have pink eyes and noses but dappeled greys are gorgeous and flea bitten as long as they arent too spotty.
i'm a fan of chestnuts with 4 stockings and white faces too, the really ginger sort :D

but most of all...
i like that funny coloured looking thing
that goes by the name of skittles :D

i dont really like whites (yes i know your supposed to call them greys, but i call dappled greys-greys and whitey greys-white....saves confusion:p)
and they must take ages to get clean!

I loove coloured cobs and the chunkier the better for me. I don't do greys, they just don't say anything to me except lots of washing!(I knowyou get that with coloureds too but still love em!) and I agree cremellos look odd! I do like a really dark coated palamino too. I find bays and browns abit boring(although obviously I still love Spike!) and deep liver chestnuts are stunning especially if the coat is on a Welshie and Ilove Fells, Dales and Friesians, think they look stunning! I also like Big bay Clydies or Black shires with abig white face and stocckings!

Coloured cobs, heavy horses like shires, clydies and suffolks, and general hairy, chunky beasts are my favourite breeds, types and colours in terms of aesthetics - i think they're beautiful, powerful, and the sight of feathers flying as a huge, strong cob jump a fence that 'cobs can't jump' :p is one of the most amazing things you can see regarding horses IMO - just my personal opinion, though! However pretty; i find TBs can look very ordinary (although i ride a bay TB and i think he's beautiful - a little bit biased maybe :D!) - whereas a coloured cob is usually more unique-looking with their markings. Actually - i can't think of any type or colour of horses that i find not nice! I love cremellos, too - i know a lot of people think they're ugly or weird looking, but i think they're gorgeous!

idont like horses with big white faces.

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

does that count as a big white face :p? You can't possibly say you don't like that little face ;):D! Each to their own i suppose ;)!

And the YM thinks this guy is ugly as sin but i think he's gorgeous :D! (oo-eer i just saw my facial expression in that pic :eek:!)
aerofrontend.jpg

Last edited:
I was never a fan on greys untill i met Candy! I think she carrys it off well :p
Im not to keen on flea bitten unless its only slight,
My least fave colour is chestnut, ALTHOUGH i have seen the odd one or to that i really like but they were ORANGE

I'm not a lover of cobs, (The BIG CHUNKY ONEs) Although i do like to see a traditional cob with everything there!

I also don't like really fine horses that look like there bones will snap!

But im not fussy at all :rolleyes:

Ah! I can sum up all that i find nicest in the way a horse looks in my opinion! (he's a NR horsey :D!).

Sammii's Red! He pretty much covers everything! Maybe a little heavier feathering, but apart from that - aesthetically speaking? - Equine perfection :D!

I used to dislike:
Coloureds
Feathers
Heavies ...
The rest is history.

canter5.jpg

I don't think there are any horses I dislike these days - if it's got food conformation & a nice muscle structure, then I'll probably like the look of it, regardless of type or colour.

if you had seen all the coloured cobs at the riding of the marches last night you might have changed your mind, there were some crackers.

i love arabs and H/W cobs. although i only really like arabs with long, flowing manes and tails and traditional cobs. i really do not like seeing cobs hogged, as only a few look nice with it. and what i really do hate the look of, is H/W cobs with a mane about 3 inches long cut via scissors. i have no idea why:eek:(pulled manes look dont look half as bad that short!)

they are my fave. breeds though(along with freisans[sp?] and shires) i dont really find any particular horse ugly, i find really (and i mean really)badly put together horses tend to look so sweet and forgiving (its like some people find bulldogs so ugly, they find them cute:rolleyes::p)

I love Appaloosas - how could I not? Here is my old boy:
Soloatnewoaklands-1.jpg

On the whole though I really do believe that 'a good horse is never a bad colour'. I have been through phases of disliking a particular colour but then comes along a wonderful horse of just that colour to make me think again!

Oh My Cant beleive you so many of you dont like Duns :rolleyes:....Come on hes Gawjus :p

Yes he is gorgeous. Here is a pic of my 16.1hh Dun mare Poppy. I also have a 17.00hh ID/TB x Liver chestnut mare called Lolly.

I like a wide range of colours, but it is very strange how the trend shifts as in the 1970's The Gypsy type coloured cob was frowned upon (Very snobbish).

Much more important is the temperament
DSCF1444.jpg

Neither of them are duns! (I think)
if i remember correctly they must have a dorsel stripe and frosting on the face?

newrider.com