Park Riding School Lincoln for starting riding again?

Khaleesilou

Sep 20, 2014
lincoln
Hi everyone

I started riding at almost 20 in cheshire and did so for about 12months regular before I started university in Lincoln. I got to about intermediate level, however...

Although walk and trot became very natural to me I've only ever cantered on two horses and received limited tuition on the canter.

After 2months or so of riding I began to help at the yard for a reduced lesson price but I was generally left to do my own thing in the arena once I was comfortable with trot. I then began to ride a chestnut mare whom I was told not to canter as she was very strong and even those who had been riding ten years found her canter difficult to master

I have had a look online at Park Riding School in Lincoln and would really like to give it a go. Although I've never had anything but good experiences with horses I feel slightly nervous as I haven't ridden at all in almost 12months and believe I may have picked up bad habits due to my rides being un tutored on many occasions. because of this I feel I need to class myself as a novice and was wondering if Park riding school would be suitable/helpful?

Thanks

Claire Louise

Hi,
Welcome to NR.

Sorry i cant help as ive never heard of them as im not from that area. But best of look trygin to find somewhere

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to NR.

Again I'm not from that area so haven't heard of it, but I'm sure someone will be along to help!

Looking forward to hearing how you get on, I'm sure you have nothing to be nervous about :)

Why don't you ask them if you can go and watch a lesson at your level? You can then decide whether or not you like the place and the style of teaching.

newrider.com