PayPal payment. Can anyone explain this?

Toz

Jul 14, 2019
Today I chose “the” bridle!
I suppose really there’s no desperate hurry but when your waiting for something it’s nice to get it quickly!!
I paid, as I usually do on my credit card via PayPal. It’s partly laziness really! My cards are in my bag usually in my car so I use PayPal.
This payment however has come up as pending. It’s under review and will be 24/72 hours to confirm.
The saddlery rang me to say they have had my order but can’t send until the payment is complete (understandably)
I’ve never had any issues with PP. can anyone explain this?
Live chat isn’t working of course!!

Attachments

• 584870C6-0ADE-43D8-9E7A-3569E340220A.jpeg
    584870C6-0ADE-43D8-9E7A-3569E340220A.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Cortrasna
I often have this on my equestrian business site...Paypal do randomly hold some payments for review - they try to tell their user that it is just a standard procedure. I think I have worked out it isn't actually standard at all, my best guess is that it happens when there isn't actually any funds sitting in the account and they withhold the payment until funds have cleared into the account from the credit card or bank account attached to that PP account.

it is no problem for me - with regular customers and friends I just send the item out (I post within 24 hours) and with new customers I wait until PP tell me the funds have cleared. But i do get some VERY irate new customers who seem to think it is something to do with me that their payment doesn't immediately clear lol!

just sit tight and it will very quickly clear, in me experience usually within 24/48 hours so not such a big deal. :)

Reactions: Toz
yeah, this just irritated me. Especially as the company called to say they were ready to pack and post but couldn’t!
I see actually a jacket I’ve been waiting a while for is also showing still as pending. That was paid from my bank account rather than credit card. Yet another payment in between the two (yes I’ve overspent recently!) has gone through fine and the item is on its way. It doesn’t make sense.

I am set up as pay after delivery. So PayPal pays the seller, but it doesn't come out of the bank until I think two weeks later.
This used to mess up my money ;) I’d without fail forget I’d bought stuff then wonder why money had gone out!

newrider.com