Pedro - what happened to the chronicles?

sallym

I'm not Pedro, but he said a while ago (after he got back from Canada, I think) that he has to stop the chronicles because he has too much work to do and catch up on! He said that he will still come on the site, which he does because I've seen him a few times, but no chronicles! :( I agree- they were highly amusing!

Pedro, if you are reading this, you should write a "farewell chronicle"! Just an idea! That is, only if you have time! ;)

Maci :)

Hi Sally. I'm afraid Maci got it quite right :(. I'm having three lessons a week now, that together with driving lessons doesn't leave me much time available. In fact that's only one of the reasons. My riding reached a stage of slower advance and familiarity, so I haven't got much of a subject to keep writing on. Chronicles were quickly dropping into a "Today I did this and that" kind of pattern... I've also got to admit that it was no longer as fun as it had been at first. So I guess that the end of the chronicles is quite definitive - at least until I bite the dirt again or do something memorably stupid :D!

I am enjoying my riding as much as I ever did... after all there must be a good reason to having an extra lesson a week :). It slowly changed to being more routinely, more focused in the small details. I guess that much was expected, and it is a good sign. Riding is, more than ever, the focus of my day-to-day life :).

I'm having lessons Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and Sunday afternoons. Francisco gives the weekday lessons were I mostly ride Mefisto. The Sunday ones are with Mr Jorge and whatever horses I'm given: Lord, Juby, Pampilho, Quixote (the new one), Paloma (finally managed to get her to canter on a right lead without much hassle - and only a fair dose of protest :)!) and Chèrie. I've had some problems with canter aids, not getting the transitions as calm, smooth and precise as they should be, but one night - working on my own right after the lesson - I managed to "click" and I have been improving steadily.
Mefisto is a great horse and I've been getting to know him better and better. I know his quirks a lot better now :). In fact yesterday he was quite excited, not having worked yet that day. That together with the fact that for once we were not leading the class made the lesson interesting, with me spending the whole hour trying (quite ineffectively) to soothe him. At one point he was so frustrated that he tried to bite Juby's bum who was in front of us :). Those canter transitions by the end of the lesson were quite funny, let me tell you. Transitions they weren't - right leg gently nudging his flank... BOOOMMMMMM, here we gooooooo :D!

Pedro Fortunato

P.S.: There is another reason to having less presence in these boards... all this talk about a male calendar had me consider discretion the best part of valour :D:D!

Yeah, bit of a mistake putting up photos of me with this lot around :D!

I'm taking an interest in photography, just got a new camera to play with. That at least will ensure I'll be of the right side of the camera from now on :)! Anyone care to guess what my main subject is going to be? ;)

Pedro Fortunato

Hey!

Hey, look another Portuguese rider!
I've just taken a look at some of the pictures from the horseshow you took. It certainly looks like the same place I went to about two years ago when I went to spend some time with my dad's family in Portugal. I have some pictures, and the beautiful Lusitano mares looks very similar! (hey, even the straw looks familar :D)
I've enjoyed reading your journal entries, keep it up Pedro and let those riding skills fly!
Aren't Lusitanos fabulous? There's a man here in Thailand whose daughter was the only Asian to have praticipated in dressage for the Expo '98. He happens to own Portuguese-trained Lusitanos from Portugal in his ranch, (one which threw me off, but still, he's wonderful). Thought that might be intresting, heh.
Enough rambling from me and keep on riding!

newrider.com