Phew she's passed the vetting!!!

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Well today my vet came out to give Dolly a going over - didn't want to fork out for him until I had trialed her long enough to be sure I wanted to keep her! And I am so very certain I DO want to keep her that I was full of foreboding that he would find something horrible wrong with her!:redface:

But she is absolutely fine - said even if they had put her on anything I would have seen signs long before now so that isnt an issue. We both think that there is a slight possibility that she may have mild sweet itch - but as the only sign is in her wither area of her mane its hard to know for sure if it is where her rugs have rubbed her over the winter or it is short and stubbly there because of the hair growing back from last summer. However, not to concerned about that as the fly stuff I use is exactly the one he recommended and if she does seem to have a problem shall put her in a Boett rug, If thats all he can find wrong with her then I am a VERY happy bunny!:smile:

He also thinks she is 10 as it says on her passport - though we did spend sometime discussing why I think she is nearer 12 than 10!:giggle: But at the end of the day - as he said - a year or two is neither here nor there - she should last me for as long as I am still able to ride anyway.

Have put the cheque in the post and sent her passport to transfer her into my name - so as of now she is officially mine all mine!:dance::dance:

Great news! I had not realised that you were trialing her first.

Its great to read about all the lovely rides you are having :angel::biggrin:

Great news! I had not realised that you were trialing her first.

Its great to read about all the lovely rides you are having :angel::biggrin:

Yes I was very fortunate in that the seller was happy for me to take her and passport home (dont think I would do that TBH!:frown:) try her until I felt certain she was what I wanted and to get my own vet to vet her.

Really couldnt have asked for more could I? And she has been exactly as described and more so think I was very, very lucky to come across a genuine seller for once!:biggrin:

You are a lucky lady, but you deserved it.

She is a lucky horse too! And I am sure she deserved it as well.

Good karma all round :biggrin:

That is fantastic news cortrasna. She is a gorgeous girl and she couldnt ask for a better mummy. I'm sure you will have a very special bond you and Dolly.

Though i am still laughing at Dolly, Molly, Solly..... :giggle:

of course she would sail through as dolly is utterly perfect in every way and we are all waiting for clones please......everyone on NR needs a Dolly and i am biased, but also a Mr tintin donkey.

That's great news. It just goes to show that there are occasionally some genuine horses and sellers around. :bounce: Now spring is on the way, you've got so much lovely hacking to look forward to on your gorgeous girl. I hope LWTB and the others who are looking for horses are as lucky in their search as you have been.

I'm so pleased that hurdle is over and done with.

So when are you completing the purchase? I'm thinking online NR parrrtttaaaayyy to celebrate! :dance:

newrider.com