Photos and results from Jazz's show today!!!!

Cochise

Jun 3, 2002
Auckland, New Zealand
She was a real star and I love her for her amazing attitude (albeit a little fidgety) today and how well she handled the hour trip up there, the faffing around at the show and the scary show ring, then another hour trip home.

We went in for the Appaloosa filly under two class and she was pretty good, although I wondered if she'd find her brakes after the jog/trot around.
This photo is so cute!

November2009060.jpg

And that "look at me attitude" won her the class. :D

November2009062.jpg

As we won the class, we had to go up for Champion Mare against the winner of the mare three and over class.
Again, looking a bit "Princess-y."
November2009063.jpg

And - WE WON THE CHAMPION MARE SASH!!!

Showing off her big ribbon and her red one.
November2009070.jpg

:D:D

We went in for Supreme Champion Appaloosa, but by this stage she was turning herself in knots and I would have felt incredibly cheeky if we'd won it. The horse who won it stood like a rock and absolutely deserved it, he is just gorgeous!

So there you go! Next show is early January, the North Island All Breeds show.

Thank you Norm! She is an amazing little girl! Oh yes, I love that first photo too, made it my Facebook photo ;) I also love the photo of her checking out the ribbon. The official photographer was taking photos of us and I was giggling at her baby face over that ribbon. The photographer was at another angle from my friend snapping us the other way. :)

Thanks for the congratulations! She showed herself off (and we'll be working on "Standing Still"!).

It was her second time out, she went to the National Appaloosa Show in March with her breeder where she won the Weanling Classic trophy, won her filly class and was Reserve Champion filly under three. :)

This was her first time out with me!

Thanks very much! :D My turnout for halter showing leaves something to be desired... (I'm very much a get on and go show-jumping/reining type of rider) she pooed all down her lovely socks in the trailer on the way there, and I didn't take her to the hose to scrub them, I just spayed show sheen over them and scrubbed. :eek: She's not even properly trimmed. ;) I just kind of ran out of time and all week was humming and hahing as to whether I'd take her or not.... obviously I'm very pleased that I did! :D:D

Yes, looks promising for the future! :) I'll be working on getting her to stand up patiently before the next show (between moving to another city, finding a flat, moving horses, and flying home for Christmas with the family!).

newrider.com