Pic from todays dressage...oh and I was rubbish again..

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Another day another attempt at dressage. Once again the fella was awesome, load, unload, tack up and warm up no problems even through it was windy and a new.

I thought we did an OK test (OH read it out wrong so made an mistake) (Int A) and I was really happy as he was sooky at everythng on the way in. We came last oh well. Jumped a tiny clear round with horrid fillers dead pleased again)

Second test remember it:happy: he would not canter on the correct leg either way (was doing it fine in the warm up):banghead: anyway still really happy with test just about to leave arena all smiles when the judge calls me over and asks if he always goes off incorrectly I said yes but getting loads better (after his hock injections) but if fine for OH and RI. She said it's my saddle and I am or well make him lamn if I carry on riding him.

I was so upset, most of you know me and know he gets all his checks on time 6 monthly and his back every 8 weeks. (saddle only checked 2 months ago and so spot on after a little flocking) In fact saddler checked his measurements and compared them to last time and the shoulder that was slopped had built up to nearly the same as the other one. I was only upset at the thought of hurting my boy. My OH told the other girl I was warming up with and appartantly the judge is a bit funny about making comments to people.

Anyway I have the back lady coming on Sat for his normal 8 week checkup. I will ask her to check for sore unlevel spots.

Sorry for the rant hate to think I would every hurt him. Anyway came last agian.

Pics as asked for my FM a while ago (we are stood on a slight hill)

100_1475.jpg

100_1471.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks BC she nearly made me cry. I actually did not care about coming last and was over the moon with how calm he was, only one cat leap and one buck all day.

ObC - you and Chanter look amazing in those photos, immaculately turned out and very impressive! Remember the good points - he loaded really well, was really calm and only one buck (I'd have been crapping myself!)

Onwards and upwards - you can only get better from here, and hopefully with the new trailer you'll get plenty of opportunities to give it a go. Would it be worth trying a different saddle fitter, just to get a second opinion? Its very nice of the judge to have made such flippant remarks after only looking at you for afar, but I always think things happen for a reason so might be worth taking into consideration - not for one second am I questioning your commitment to Chanter, just that maybe the people you trust may not be living up to expectation.

Ps. when you've wiped the board with that lot down south, gonna come and teach Flip and I some moves? - think the heavies might give it a go in a couple of years, but we'll need some coaching first!:tongue: (and some bootcamp!)

Thanks again FM. He really was a star and I can't believe he jumped a tiny clear round for me as well and some of the fillers were horried.

You are right and I am concerned. I made my OH get on him earlier tonight before his lesson on tuesday. He went on the correct leg every time and OH said he felt square. (When I rode him at the comp the saddle did feel like it was tipping to the left but I get so use to the leaping and bucking it does off centre it sometimes more so when he has been leaping about before I get chance to tighten his girth once on board).

I will ride tomorrow and get my friend who has just finished a saddle fitting course to check and watch.

Down South I get nose bleeds every day living in Lincoln I am a really southerner from Plymouth

Sorry about the judges comments - I always read your posts and it's very clear you care very much for your horse.

Well done for travelling well and limited bucking!! I'm trying to get up the courage to enter a dressage test in August so it's helpful reading about other people's experiences.

newrider.com