plaiting for showjumping??

If I was the one doing the show jumping it would be on the hairiest M&M I could find with a very, very hairy mane!

not that I'd be holding on for grim death mind! ;) ;)

I would if it was a posh show, but Percy only got baby shows at the moment! If I had to plait the mane, i would plait the tail too, otherwise it wouldnt look complete:p

Unless you needed to be using it for holding-on then I would plait it, it's just one part of the getting ready for a show process that's exciting :D

If I had S_F_S's type of nag, being the pernickety so and so that I am, I would plait.

I am a weird sort. I do not care two hoots what someone gets up to at home. Happy Hacking etc. But the minute you go in the showring, you ought to be doing things as well as you can. You are on display to everyone, and a TB in the SJ ring ought to be plaited, it puts the sparkle in the event.

I thought you *should* turn out to type-ie if you are SJing on a hairy, leave it be, if you would plait to show, plait. But, as long as you are smart it seems to be accepted. Most of the big SJers don't seem to plait. (or get their grooms to)

I have never plaited up for a SJ competition.

Not going to make my horse suddenly learn how to fly & you don't get marked on it.

I think it looks better overall really so yeah i usually do :)

When i was competing Scally i never did though, his mane is like a mop! :p

I can't plait very well and i like hairy things so nah! But if you have a horse who isn't nativey/cobby/drafty looking, like a TB or WB or something then it does look nicer IMO. Depends what shows off your horse better.

newrider.com