Play day @ Hurn near Bournemouth 6th Dec

annareeves0

Dec 18, 2007
Bournemouth, Dorset
I have always had these people down as absolute traditionalists, but when there is a play day within walking distance of my field - we gonna have to go :D

If I ride on the back roads/tracks i can get most of the way but there is several hundred yards where we will have to walk alongside a VERY busy road right near the airport with a wideish verge but there are loads of signposts to negotiate round. Ill do a recky tomorrow but one way or another we're going! Even if I have to learn to jump pretty sharpish to hop over a couple of hedges! :p

http://hurnbridgeec.co.uk/images/news/061209.pdf

I think i am going to chicken out of riding Rosie up there. We had a bad traffic day today. She wasnt dangerous but pretty anxious in the wind and heavy traffic on the other side of the hedge. The trouble is I am pretty sure we will get there safely as it will be a new route and she'll be listening to me BUT I am concerned that as soon as she twigs we are on the way home she will start wanting to rush and get all silly and the traffic will be coming up behind us on our return. It is just too busy a road to do that plus we would have to go around some of the signposts pretty close to the traffic. The first big lorry that goes by could be disaster and its not worth it.

If anyone wants to give us a lift around the corner? :D

However...... that doesnt mean Im coming horseless! I am going to walk our little mini round. She is RBI but even when she feels compelled to action its only a little snort and a 10 yard dash. Bless her :p

So if anyone is coming and wants to come say hello, Ill be the knackered looking one in the red jacket with the mini shetland :D

Went along to this, this morning - no horses at all in the end. I have been stressing about who and how to take all week and woke up this morning to rain and a niggly sore throat and realised I was at the point of not wanting to go at all as was putting myself under such pressure (I am VERY good at that!)so i took me and the car :p (who was very well behaved and yo-yoed lovely and everything!)

Anyway had a lovely morning watching the demo and chatting - sun stayed out but I was pretty cold after over an hour. But best of all and very excitingly, the lady (and her Mum) who run the centre are very pro parelli, we have a new 1* instructor less than 10 miles away and they are planning to put on some playdays next year - maybe as often as every month! How excited am I??? (so excited i originally typed egsited - made sense in my head til I looked at it!!! :rolleyes:) I really like having something to focus on and look forward to and its always nice to have like minded people around plus i kind of want to learn to jump (nothing major just pop some poles) and they have a cross country course :D before i lost my confidence that was what i said i wanted to do - cross country, not quite so sure now but would be nice to be able to pop a log or ditch if I needed to :D

So, its all fab and as soon as I hear anything Ill let you guys know if you want to come and join in :D

*tempted - VERY VERY tempted*

Although my cob and I are not posh, and I don't own any decent riding clothes .... if I go I'll end looking like the chav relative at a Xmas bash :D

*tempted - VERY VERY tempted*

Although my cob and I are not posh, and I don't own any decent riding clothes .... if I go I'll end looking like the chav relative at a Xmas bash :D

:( i have never found parelli people to be like that at all.

Good job too - every pair of jods i own have massive rips across the shins where i have caught them while negotiating gates etc and most of them the flies wont stay done up! i have a sewing machine but have a life too so they wont get fixed in a hurry! That and the fact I get off and pee behind a bush every 5 mins means if you were planning to get stuffy all that will happen is you might get acquainted with the sight of my arse!

My riding coat is a (now ripped) ski jacket from Lidl - no names at all. Jods were £17 from tesco :D It all adds to the image of me being the mad old bag on the edge of the farm who is always faffing around with that poor horse :D Its an image i am cultivating carefully. Ill be chav relative if you will :D

I was looking out for you - next time maybe?

Sounds like it was worth going along to. I'll be looking forward to seeing how you and Rosie get along at it - you better make sure you have a photographer:D

newrider.com