please can anyone help?!!

mel_

mel
Apr 8, 2005
gosport
hey everyone, i'm new to dressage. i live in gosport and there is an unaffiliated dressage show 24th April at Crofton. i did a test bout 2 yrs ago but to the hell of me i cannot remember what it was. so would it be ok to go and do test Novice 33 or do u HAVE to start at prelim level? also i read you can use gel pads as long as same colour as saddle, i use a grey saddle pad? that ok or not?

Have a look at the Novice 33 test and see what you think. If you can do everything on it and would feel comfortable being marked on it all then there's nothing to stop you jumping right in a Novice.

Do you mean you want to use a grey saddle pad or a grey gel pad? Saddle pads are fine to use, although people generally use white at dressage, although I'm not sure if that's a rule or just a preference. With the gel pad though, I guess grey would be OK with a black saddle.

As Kyana said, you want to check that you can comfortable perform every required of the test. Normally you want to be riding slightly above the standard that you will be competing at.

Also bear in mind that you need some experience in riding tests as well - the "showcraft" element.

As cvb says, it's advisable to be riding a level above the one your competing at. I've heard this advice given on many occasions, although of course it's not absolutely necessary. It gives you more preparation though

newrider.com