Please help - gently crit. my riding

willowgurl

pony hunting
Feb 5, 2008
well after reading the good rider thread it got me wondering what you think

please crit my riding GENTLY, maybe a few pointers on what I am doing wrong and what I can do to help - not just "you cant ride"

the most recent is my new beginings vid. but i was having pointers shouted at me.

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=XxBEKAHBOOxX&view=videos
not all of the vids are me (sj, day ad delph, georgia and mister taffy, abbey and monster and sarah and toby are not me)
thanks, and dont be too harsh!
x

I would say that you look a little tense - especially your hands. And I would say your stirrups could go down a hole to lengthen your legs and help your lower leg come back a little, and your heel could go down a little more.

Overall you're not too bad though... most of those things I could say about myself :eek:

Hi, thank you I agree about my stirrups which video did you think I was tense in? and which one did my stirrups need to go down in?

Chico is lush! You look very good together.

I agree with the comments made above (in the New Beginnings video). I think your hands are slightly too far forward which is making your arms stretch in front of you and for you to follow suit with your back. You would probably find it more comfortable to give him a bit more rein, take your hands back a bit and straighten your own back. That was also the one where I thought your stirrups could have gone down a hole.

Lovely beastie though!

If I was you I would look to strengthen my lower leg first and foremost as that is the biggest set back I can see, I'm afraid I've no idea how as I don't teach-sorry. Also look further ahead when your riding, I look at least five of my horses lengths ahead when in the arena, this will help you to sit up.

On a positive note you don't look to be restricting your horse in any way and he looks happy to be working under you. :)

i think you both look great together :)

to improve your position i would try to put more weight into your heel, draw your shoulders up and back and try to keep your elbows by your side to avoid your arms straightening too much

newrider.com