please help me with riding breeches/jods

heather1982

Jun 13, 2004
south carolina (USA)
Visit site
Okay, I just ordered a pair of jodphur boots. I haven't had actual riding clothes since I used to take lessons as a kid. So I really don't know anything about riding gear. I usually just ride in comfortable jeans, a Tshirt, and my most comfortable Ariat casual boots. But the rubber tread is a bit thick on my boots, so I decided maybe I should order some proper boots to ride in. So I ordered a pair of jodphur pull on short boots since they seem more comfortable then the rubber long boots. I just hack out and ride for fun, so I don't need a complete formal outfit.

But here's my questions - with these type boots should I get half chaps? If so, are the synthetic ones okay or should I stick with leather? And what are some good jods or breeches I can wear with them that would be comfortable and not too expensive? I usually ride in a rebecca treeless saddle, occasionally in a western saddle, but with a full cheek snaffle. So I guess I have no true riding style huh? :p

So it will still be comfortable to wear these type boots with regular jeans/pants? I was thinking it would be uncomfortable...what type of socks do you wear with them? Sorry I'm so clueless here but I really don't know:eek:

newrider.com