Please pray for Millie

Was Millie from a poodle rescue place @diplomaticandtactful . I know you got her fairly quickly and you have Harrison. I ask because my mum has wanted a standard poodle for sometime. I know you are a long way from me, but i want to look at possibility from a poodle rescue. So if you have any good links i can look at i would be grateful. Whilst i have said i am not having another dog until Floss and Abbey have left us. It wont be long till we have to say goodbye to Abbs. I really want another working collie but might consider a poodle as well.
Poodle Network UK for Millie, Loving Homes Dog Rescue Orkney for Harrison and Kim but it was a fluke they had poodles. The other folks who have poodles are Many Tears Rescue but they are ex breeding dogs, have to go with a resident dog, not house trained etc

An up and down month, she has been over reacting to the Addisons drugs i.e. steroids, manic, over stimulated, pain to walk as so strong and driven, snappy, aggressive, food guarding....did none of this before, lunging at the cats. We have reduced her dose and will try to get it right down as it has changed her temperament so much. 20211031_214847.jpg20211031_214901.jpg20211031_214836.jpg20211031_201815.jpg20211031_214940.jpg

Oh I hope you can stabilise it. Poor girl, it doesn't seem fair.
it's a shame that we didn't really know her that well before she had the crisis but she has been very wired and getting worse. Have halfed the dose of the daily steroid and will work on reducing it further and see how she goes. She must be tired as she has been unable to relax as just too wired, but slowly over the weekend got a bit more like herself. We used to get paws around neck and kisses but she has been a bit aloof, withdrawn, leave me alone. Tbh i really didn't want another invalid after Kim, but of course we didn't know then what was going to happen, and I couldn't send her back. She is a very sweet girl, just need to get her on the right meds at the right level and hope for the best.

Reactions: Huggy
She had another test today, she has lost weight from 26.3kg to 25.1kg so have ordered some wet food for her. All her levels were normal, and her ratio which determines how much she needs in the monthly injection was higher, so she was reduced to 2.0 from 2.2 and she started at 2.4. She is now down from 5mg per day to 1mg on her tablets and seems to be coping ok. She won't jump into the car, not sure if that is because Harrison is already in there! So curates egg, good and bad, she has grown a lot of hair, more than harrison and she was clipped shorter. So this could be another side effect. It's a bit of a roller coaster as she looks quite lean but then she has been walking more and did 2 hours on Monday at Holy Island. She is much calmer sleeping and resting more, not as manic, so maybe we are getting there.

So she was due to be tested on Monday for her zycortal injection. The vet i booked was not in, saw another, who injected her even though her levels showed she didn't need it, so could have pushed her into being Cushings and killed her. I am beyond words. If you know efff all about Addisons Disease then you shouldn't be allowed near a dog who has it.

newrider.com