Please recommend a good value fly/midge rug...

LisaJane

Feb 6, 2008
London
Hi all,

My boy has very mild sweet itch - he lives out really only at weekends and in his stable during the week (which is his preference). I have bought him a Rambo sweet itch hoody for when he is out, but it doesn't fit great. The ear holes rub his ears, and it is too snug across his chest (he is a 15hh, chunky h/w cob). I need to get him another fly rug, and was hoping someone could recommend a good value one that fits bigger horses. I have seen cheap ones online, including the Aerborn anti-midge rug at £37, but is this too cheap?!! He came with a Weatherbeeta but bits were missing off of it so I binned it.

At the moment he is not suffering with itchiness (although he had a good old rub at his mane last month) which I think is due to copious amounts of Naf Off Deet and Skratch in his food (luckily he eats anything, which could be why his Rambo is too small :biggrin:) But I will be on holiday soon and he will be living out 24/7 for two weeks, without me religiously Deet-ing him, so need something decent, without going to Boett levels (unfortunately not too flush at the moment)!!!

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks! xx

I was going to suggest the Amigo Bug Rug but as you've already got a rambo one and not happy with the fit then this will probably fit the same.

My next vote goes to the Weatherbeeta fly rugs, never had a problem with them

newrider.com