Please wish me luck, I start a new job tomorrow!

Arabesque

Arab mad horse obssessive
Jul 22, 2002
Northumberland, UK
Visit site
Hi everyone.

At 27, and a part time office worker about to head back to uni on an even MORE part time basis in September, an unexpected opportunity has landed on me, and I'm hoping to make a go of it. After my riding lesson the other week, a chance encouter with the manager and a short discussion, I was invited to an interview.. and...

I've got a part time working pupil position at my riding school. I've had to surrender weekends but I still have quite a bit of time off in the week. They are going to help me get up to speed to go after my stage 2, and everyone there seems really, really nice. I'm not sure where I'll be doing my riding and road safety as I still have an application floating around at college, but if not I'll be doing it with them.

I am really nervous! :eek:

I got in about 10 mins ago! I'm fine and so are all the horses!

Today I; brought in/turned out MULTIPLE HORSES!
tacked up for a lesson
Skipped out used boxes
Rode for 1 hour
poo picked the same
cleaned yard, groomed horses, cleaned feed buckets

I couldn't BELIEVE how quickly the time went! :eek:

Best of all I'm not yet dead on my feet! Guess all that gym work has paid off. There are definitely spots in my hips and shoulders that I feel will ache tomorrow, but overall, I'm in quite good shape..!

Back again Tuesday. Normal job tomorrow.

See - the best bit is that YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO DO THAT!!!! :D

I do the majority of that and I pay the YO for the privilege of the livery space!!!! :p

Glad you enjoyed it and are still awake!!! :)

Thanks again.. Domane.. close, not quite!! LOL :D

I slept like a log last night which was wonderful as I often don't. And today I feel okay. Everything works! I've been at work since 7 this morning and it was actually EASIER to get up than normal, probably because I really rested.

Fingers crossed I find it all goes okay. Because of the way my hours are at work I need to be up and out that door every morning, my latest leaving time being 7am. I have a loooong day on Tuesdays but other than that it shouldn't be anything I can't handle. It's just making sure I meet my other commitments that will need the concentration.

newrider.com