Police Horses

dancing lucy

May 23, 2008
stalybridge
I have just seen 12 police horses all walking lovely in pairs along a very very busy dual carriageway how well behaved they all were it was great to see. Whilst I was waiting at lights to turn onto the road they were passing and a big curtain sider artic went past and not one of them flinched when I turned out I took my time as I was in a big van and the policeman at the back waved me to go past

How lovely to see them.

I was quite annoyed this morning (you mention traffic) as the gypsy vanners near me where on their way onto the duel carriage way and not ONE RUDDY car slowed down for them, instead they raced past. OH was furious, I mean, whatever people's opinions are on travellers, there is NO need to take it out on the horses. I know they are probably quite used to the heavy traffic, but it makes my blood boil when I see drivers who don't give a sh** and just behave like they are invisible.
Rant over - sorry!

I know riding in traffic is so unpredictable most wagon, bus drivers slow down but on doing so the air brakes squeal worst things are vehicles with small trailers on the back not expecting them and they come rattling past and I find the worst offenders at not slowing down near us are young female drivers I usually wave at them to slow if I hear approaching too fast but some dont take any notice and speed on by with music blaring.

I always poo a brick when I go out with my driving instructor and her and husband's team, along a main road with artics whizzing past, not one of his horses even binks at them.

Ooooh, police horses are just gorgeous! I want one! That big and that well trained - perfect!

We were on a hack the other day at my RS and a caravan type thing went flying past us - in fact I think he even picked up speed after he past my RI who was 3rd in and signalling him to slow down! The RS horses are all very well schooled and used to most things, but this had a few at the back right up on the verge. Idiot.

With the young female drivers, they may not understand what your slow down signal means (I dont remember it being emphasised during my driving test and I only did it 3 years ago), but that is no excuse not to use common sense!

newrider.com