Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Do you or someone you live with smoke

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Due to amount of adverts I find saying -

"Comes from an animal and smoke free home"
I'm curious how many horsey people have no other animals and don't smoke either.
What percentage of those adverts could be total tosh!! One in five say it.

Reactions: MrA
Ah good old ebay listings! Well we have a barn cat but she never comes anywhere near the house. Neither of us smokes. But we own two large floofy horses that deposit a lot of hair about us.....

Reactions: newforest
Selling horsey items online.

Or any items come to think of it. Ebay listings for things like clothes etc often state that. I guess if you were buying something like clothing it might well pick up ciggie smells if the house has a smoker. I know things my lovely mum sometimes gives me smell of smoke - but I don't mind of course, it reminds me of her:)

Ah good old ebay listings! Well we have a barn cat but she never comes anywhere near the house. Neither of us smokes. But we own two large floofy horses that deposit a lot of hair about us.....
This is what puzzles me.
One advert was for a horse turnout rug, with mud and hairs.
So why the need to say it's from a smoke free, pet free home.
My cob doesn't smoke and the yard dogs and cat don't generally live in her field.

Pet owning smokers are devils spawn it seems !! Ha
Looking at our voting though, it appears it's a minority who don't own another animal or smoke.
So I wonder how true the advert really is?
I am a little suspect :D
Though my cob doesn't smoke.

Well we have two cats and we both smoke, we never, ever smoke in the house though so none of our clothes/furniture etc smells of smoke, but yes you are right NF and Trewsers, nearly every ad on ebay says it, they can't all be telling the truth.

Well I have dogs, used to smoke but don't now but my sons waft enough roll up smoke around the house to stop me withdrawing too much....and pretty much everything I sell for the charity must surely be impregnated and covered in either horse hairs or dog hairs. Especially as my labrador insists on close inspection of every new item that comes in for resale lol!

I think that is a load of old tosh all that 'from a non smoker, pet free home', what harm did a bit of a whiff of fag smoke and a few animal hairs ever do to a preloved bargain? ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
I personally wouldn't like to buy a jacket or something from some smokers homes, some smokers homes stink like a full ashtray before they even light up, and that's from a smoker :p I personally smoke outside not in my house because I can't stick the stink :p

Reactions: Kite_Rider and Gimp
I personally wouldn't like to buy a jacket or something from some smokers homes, some smokers homes stink like a full ashtray before they even light up, and that's from a smoker :p I personally smoke outside not in my house because I can't stick the stink :p

Maybe they should say 'comes from a chip free home' too, I've a lovely friend who lives on fried food and she always smells of deep fat fries, which to me is almost as bad as the old ashtray. I can't stand the smell of damp either come to that.

Maybe they should say 'comes from a chip free home' too, I've a lovely friend who lives on fried food and she always smells of deep fat fries, which to me is almost as bad as the old ashtray. I can't stand the smell of damp either come to that.

Lol pies are bad too! Hahahaaa sometimes if I left my coat at my friends house I'd go home and it would reek of pies when I next wore it!

My advert for a jumper.

I smoke ten a day, love Chinese so item could be greasy. Has been used for riding so could have hairs, grass, mud, hay residue on it. Could do with a wash, will leave that to you.
The cat slept on it
Bargain.........

newrider.com