Pony club... Help and advice!

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
So we are looking at starting madam at Pony Club next year....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im either being special or the PC website isnt obvious to use!!!

We have loads of questions so all info welcome :D

Biggest queries/concerns are:

1) Can you do PC treeless? And in a synthetic bridle?

2) Can you pick and choose the activities you do? She would love gymkhana type stuff, but not so keep on jumping. She is good at showing, but better on her own - she has a tendency to chase the others - I have no idea about the setup for activities - do they do lessons or anything?

3) What is the age setup for PC - oldest/youngest are they seperated by age?

All info - even general stuff around PC would be fab - I have no idea!

My daughter used to do PC, agree their sites are a nightmare.

We used to mainly do training rallies, these are grouped depending on age/ability. They ran them twice a month. PC camp is good fun.

You can do as little or as much as you like.

Sure treeless will be ok, best to phone the DC of your local branch.

I used to do pony club :D

1. don't see why not ?

2. yeh you can choose what rallys you go to :), & yeh its usually just like a biggggg lesson :D !

3. dunno yongest, but oldest is 25 i think ? & they usually separate into groups of capability :), mines always had a group for the teeny tots, & they would get a little fenced off area :), (the rest of us were in an open field)

You can be 25???

Can the same pony be ridden by different "kids"?? :giggle: I might just go.....

yeah I'm sure its 25 :D, was when I used to go, as some of the olders girls still went with us lol :D

like for diff rallys ? or at the same rally,

deffo yes for diff rallies - we all used to go on the school ponies to rallies so we would ride a diff pony each time

and for the same rally not sure, but I don't see why not :D

i would just pop along to your local pony club at one of their rallies and ask, or just phone up :D

Waaah!!? didnt know you could be 25!! that means ive still got 5years left haha :giggle:

See you at a rally clare :wink: hehehehehehe

Psss...can i be on the lead rien???

LOL id be laughed at, by all the young girlies on there superstar ponios galloping over 3 foot fences hahahha!

theres me a 20 yr old being led by my OH!! maybe ill leave it for a few years yet :giggle:

Yeah but I was thinking that if we are grouped in abilties, surely we stand a chance in a dressage test? :D

I only really want to do the dressage and gymkhanas - she would love mounted games, but I dare say get a bit over excited!

Hhahaa lol yep maybe dressage :tongue:

I think fin would love the gymkana too, but he would be scared sh*tless of the flags & cones! :happy: would make him go quicker mind :giggle::wink:

Membership is up to 21 - I think older people can be associates, or maybe that's the 18-21 year-olds. It's a long time since my daughter was involved, and she stopped riding more or less when she went to university.

But all the information is here:

http://members.pcuk.org/?page_id=53

and in the links from here.

awww :(, our pc was always up to 25 :(, but that was a good 5-6 years ago

all taken from PC Rules 2010

Membership is available to anyone until the end of The Pony Club Year or the Centre Membership Subscription
Year, whichever is relevant, in which they become 21 years old.
It is open for anyone to apply for Branch Membership. It is desirable that they should have the use of a pony.
Membership is of a Branch and a Member cannot join more than one Branch at one time.
Associate Membership is available for persons aged over 21 until the end of the Pony Club Year, or the Centre
Membership Subscription Year, whichever is relevant, in which they become 25 years old. Associate Members
must previously have been either Branch or Centre Members.

there are very strict rules on hard hats which you'd be best to read up on

synthetic bridle - no prob's with that

saddle, can see some pc's not being happy but nothing in rules about it either so not much they can actually do apart from look like they are sucking lemons!!! our DC would have an issue with it!

2. depends on the PC and some are very strict and some are quite laid back so you'd need to go and look at a few to see which one suits you more

our pc does rallies by ability not age but generally the ages are about the same ...!

You are supposed to join the Pony Club for the area you live in but can choose others. You do need to look at the local branch however as they vary enormously.

We have four within reach, one has a team doing games at HOYs each year, one has the most scary rallies imaginable (think tiny tots being chased over large jumps with a lunge whip), another is small and friendly and anyone can do 'teams' whilst the fourth is very competitive and qualifies teams for the PC championship every year in most disciplines but you do need serious horse/pony power to join in.

My daughter belonged to the last one ( as did most of her school friends) and they would certainly have asked you to change to more 'conventional' tack. Camp tack inspection had most parents 'wibbling' and a mobile tack shop did a brilliant trade with those whos equipment was not deemed up to standard. The smaller branch on the other hand would have welcomed you with open arms and lent you anything you needed!

newrider.com