pony club working rallys

kel

Jan 4, 2004
bucks
Visit site
I am doing my first working rally next week,i have just become a member and i have a few questions.no:1 do i have to wear a body protector and 2 does my horse need to be plaited.
thanks

Unless its a XC rally you don't have to wear a body protector unless the Pony Club say you have to but they would of made this obviously clear if this was the case. We never have to though. And you don't have to plait either. I don't think I've ever seen a horse plaited at a rally. Again unless its stated they must be. But I've never known that to be the case. But if you want to plait you can do it will only earn you brownie points! As long as there turned out smart, well groomed, very clean tack & very clean you thats fine! Hope you enjoy it!

Ooohhh Good luck!

I have no idea what you have to do at a rally but it sounds good.

Please tell........

i think its flatwork and jumping,please correct if im wrong !should be fun does any one no how long they roughly last.

If there is jumping I would bring your boday protector just in case they want you to wear it, some pony clubs do for jumping. The rallies I used to go to (a long time ago ;) ) and those I attended more recently (working as a groom) have run all day, from approx 10am to about 4pm but it does vary. When I was grooming I plaited the ponies up but that was primarily snob value for my employer - look I can afford a groom to bath and plait my ponies :rolleyes: Most of the other ponies were not plaited.

Im with the vale of aylesbury hunt pony club.when i went to the instruction on fri,the people that had a body protecter the colour was blue and i had a perple and lilac one on!will it matter as i bought it for cross country when i start,do you think it will look odd with a tweed jacket!i dont recon my mum will by me another one as i haventhad this one long!also how do they divide you into groups!

I went to a working rally the other day with the people i work for (I'm not in the pony club) & I was told that you were supposed to wear your body protector under your jacket/sweatshirt, so if you do this, no-one will see it anyway!

I think they divide you into groups depending on what test you have i.e. when you start, you wont have any tests, so you will start in the bottom ride (the D ride). As you progress & get your tests, you will move up rides. This is how I understood it anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The rally I went to was one where they were being tested, so quite a few of the ponies were plaited & it lasted about 2 hours.

i was a member of the south wold north branch and we were told that you had to wear your body protector whenever jumping, whether it was show jumping. gridwork or crosscountry. Its something to do with the insurance policy.

I tried to get out of wearing it many times tho!!!! lol!

I'm in sandown chase. you have to wear a body protector for jumping until you are 14. you will also need long sleeves.

remember to be very clean and tidy for turnout! are you sure ypu need your jacket? we have to wear shirt, tie and pc sweatshirts.

why don't you ring and ask the dc about what you need for the rally? then you will know for definite.

i have been sent loads of details saying tweed hacking jacket,beigh jods.ect.i am 16yrs old,at the instruction not every one seems to wear a body protector,from what i have seen

This is exactly the type of thread i was looking for! I'm about to take Grace to her first rally (my second) and i was wondering about what to take. As rallies are formal i know i'm going to have to wear a tweed jacket, beig jodhs, jodhpur boots, etc. but are tweed hacking jackets the same as tweed showing jackets or is there a difference?

i went to my 1st rally the other day and some wore jackets and some jumpers.there were all colours of tweed i dont think it really matters

Originally posted by Rosanna
I
why don't you ring and ask the dc about what you need for the rally? then you will know for definite.

You need to be a bit careful about asking the dc - I remember a new member once did that, and she said hacking jacket, pony-club tie etc. so that's what he wore.... but all the other members wore sweatshirts. Although they did have their pc ties.

You might do better to ask a member, if you know any, or take both jacket and sweatshirt, so you can change if you don't feel right.

I would never ask another member! it's a bit like chinese whispers at our yard (wwhere most of the pony club is) the dc or someone else in chrage will tell one person an important piece of information to pass round the yard and it gets chnaged each time! much better to get the right information first hand.

newrider.com