pony in for one night only do I need to rug him?

SO1

New Forests Rule!
Nov 26, 2004
Visit site
My pony is coming in for one night only on Tuesday to be wormed. He is not rugged when he is outside but should I rug him when he stays the night in his stable - he might be cold not be able to move around so much as he does in the field.

No leave him naked, if he is planning on jumping out a rug could be very dangerous.

No leave him naked, if he is planning on jumping out a rug could be very dangerous.

Yes that's what I thought but did not want him to get cold and start moving around alot to warm up. Hopefully my 14h pony will not jump over his 4ft6 stable door from standstill again and it was just a one off.

Yes that's what I thought but did not want him to get cold and start moving around alot to warm up. Hopefully my 14h pony will not jump over his 4ft6 stable door from standstill again and it was just a one off.

I'd rather not take the risk, besides, he won't need it, just make sure he has plenty to eat.

A coller/fleece rug definitely.
QWgile he is protected by winds and rain, standing still for hours and hours ages - especially if he is sweating, which will cool and could hill him - I would definitely add a LW rug to help wick sweat and keep him warm shoudl he need it.

What is the liklehood that he will actyually jump 4'6" out of his stable?

:)

xx

well it looks like it is going to be 11C on tuesday night which is warm so I don't think he will need a stable rug. he did jump out over his 4.6 door which is why I am a bit worried. though today he I put him in the stable for 1.5 hours and he ate hay and then feel asleep so he's not scared, just decides he has had enough of being indoors! Hopefully the great outdoors will not be so tempting now the weather is worse and there is less grass. All his friends will also be in being wormed so there will be plenty of company so hopefully he wont do anything silly :D

angel is stabled nekkid at the moment. homey is so fluffy he should be ok :)

glad to hear he didnt object to being in for a little while!

i said hello to his pals in the field earlier ... half of them were having a snooze and lying down :D

Julia
x

newrider.com