Pony nuts :)

EllenL62

Sep 3, 2008
Hii..

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I am looking for some sort of pony nuts to fill a trickle feeder stable toy or something like that.
I basically want the nuts to keep my horse occupied and something for him to munch on apart from hay but really don't want the nuts to have much in them!
Not asking for much huh! :)

Does anyone else do this? Just literally some very cheap pony nuts with not much in. So.... if you do this which pony nuts do you use and how much do they cost you? Also do you just do this on top of your horse's feed or do you substitute some of it? Thankyou! :)

I would recommend spillers high fiber cubes. I put a few handfuls into hugo's stable ball and he loves them :D

I use Oatfeed by product pellets from Rowan and Barbary. They are basically just chaff made into nuts, they are the lowest feed value nuts I've found and about £5.50 for a bag so good value too! I also put unmolassed chaff in the ball so that the nuts take longer to get out.

Badminton High Fibre Nuggets!! I use them as treats and in his feed, very little engery in them. Horses go mad over them!

newrider.com