Poor Hank, T-boned by Jess

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
The ponies are shut up in a 20x20 pen today as I'm waiting on a friend to come and top my field so had to remove the electric fences (1.5km). The boys were rough-housing around Jess who was still eating hay and I was down the field doing bits when I heard Jess kick off, she was running the fence line so my first thought was Dan had got out but no.
Next thing she explodes into a full tantrum and in the midst of it she hit Hank, knocked him over sideways and galloped over him :eek: to my amazement he scrabbled up, shook himself off and went right back to chasing Dan. I bet that boy is going to be sore later, since the antics stopped he's been quite subdued. I'll be keeping a close eye for the next few days.

Oooer! Yes he might be a tiny bit sore!!! The stuff they do - honestly, it's a wonder they live very long sometimes!! Hope you get your field topped - and things are back to normal soon.

:rolleyes: oh good Lord - they're like toddlers in a playpen! Hope he's not too sore!

Jess was just paying zero attention to her surroundings in the midst of her tantrum. Hank seems none the worse for wear, still perfectly able to chase Dan and wind Jess up again this evening, I had to tie him up while I finished putting the track fences back up as he just wouldn't quit. I'm hoping now they are out of the pen and have space to move he settles back down, 24 hours penned up was just a bit much for them I guess.

I'm so glad he wasn't damaged. He must be made of rubber and springs, like Tigger
The crack as she hit him, and thud as he hit the floor and the tangle of legs as his were up and she went over him, it was a heart in mouth moment for sure. I have no idea how he doesn't appear in the slightest bit sore, he must be all rubber and springs! I'm so relieved.

newrider.com