Poor, poor boy. Men, read with caution.

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Indy had perfectly good, properly proportioned bits this morning. I noticed them in action on my way out.

Came home in the evening to see them swollen to the size of a football.

Phoned vet who came out immediately. I put cold hose on soft portions and Frances duly arrived to hold on to him while he got hosed.

Poor fellow. I have never seen swelling like it.

Vet arrived and said immediately, "Phew, I expected to see worse"

WORSE???? dear me, how could they be worse?...then he went to the tip, that is his transport, and brought out a veterinary text book on the subject, which Frances read passages from.......it had the most ghastly photographic illustrations. ( which did make me fell a bit better)

Anyway, the vet had to get up close and personal........instead of the stallion kicking the vets lights out ( in the circumstanses, perfectly understandable) ................he sat down and refused to get up! :D :D :D

Dear boy, even the vet had to laugh. In the end we had to pin him to the wall and stop him sitting down. Dear boy never struck a blow.

Anyway, he needs lots of cold hoses, no mares to make things more swollen. and lots of aqueous cream to stop it drying out until it fits back into nature's housing.

Someone gave him a smart kick in his naughty bits!....breeding is never an easy answer!

I had the exact same thing with Freebie last year, after he jumped a 5 bar gate to meet the girls in the field next door. I swear his sheath was the size of my head, and 'shouldn't' have been able to move, let alone run us ragged for an hour before being caught:D

His man bits were removed as soon as the swelling had gone down:D

We paid a lot for his man bits, they are worth a lot of dosh. The sheath is not the issue......it's the ....erm ......business bits.

Ouchaaaa!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Poor lad, betcha if he got the chance at a mare though he would not be able to resist, I know how these Shetlanders minds work, human and equine varieties! lol

Ah but seriously hope they mend soon!!!!!! :eek:

Nope, when I got home he was courting.....shall we say?

Never seen the like! How he thought he was going to get that to work is beyond me!

aww the poor lad, esh my eyes are watering, that has to hurt. Tell him to try it with flowers next time, or movie tickets, failing that, a big bottle of gin & a one night stand outa do it.

Said vet today chased my errant hubby around lower lerwick to ensure he came home armed with 2 sets of shearing shears and more *stuff* for the horsey vet box. He could have just dumped them at the boat *hays dock* but wanted to ensure hubby knew they had to change a few things that they didnt have at the time.

newrider.com