Position critique pleasee :) *pics*

xGreyponyx

Bucked off ;] x
Nov 28, 2007
Somewhere
I was wondering if anyone had any critique on my jumping postion. I cant afford lessons atm, so any tips will be greatfully recived:D

10.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

P6210642.jpg

P6210631.jpg

Thanks in advance:)

fab pictures, you two look like a great team :D
not much critique, except try to focus on keeping your heels down and your lower leg more underneath you. also in the first pic you are sort of climbing up his neck, so remember to fold not throw yourself forward. but you look to have soft hands, and in general a really good position, especially in pic 2 - i'm just being picky :p
but well done, cool pics :)

First pic is nice but you look like you are going a little too far up his neck. Others just try to focus on keeping your leg more under you as if looks like it slips back which will tip you forward in an unbalanced way.
Overall I would say your position was pretty good :) x

I think you have a very nice position, heels could be down a bit more but you have a nice leg position it doesn't look like much of a problem. I disagree about giving more with your hands i think you look to have soft hands and have a good contact over the fences :)

yup, totally ditto iloveshearer. it seems as soon as someone asks about jumping position, someone will say 'give with your hands more'... fair enough if someone is hanging on or being restrictive with their hands but it is not the idea to throw yourself and your hands forward as a lot of people seem to think:rolleyes:.. you need to maintain a contact and allow your hands to follow... you are in balance and look brill! Wish I could jump like that!:)

yup, totally ditto iloveshearer. it seems as soon as someone asks about jumping position, someone will say 'give with your hands more'... fair enough if someone is hanging on or being restrictive with their hands but it is not the idea to throw yourself and your hands forward as a lot of people seem to think:rolleyes:.. you need to maintain a contact and allow your hands to follow... you are in balance and look brill! Wish I could jump like that!:)

Thankyou:D I was abit worrid then that i wasnt giving enough with my hand:eek: But i totally agree it seems someone will aways say it:rolleyes: xxx

I'd say overall your position looks great :) Wish mine was like yours!! The only thing I would say is try to keep your legs under you a little more, but your legs aren't swinging backwards too much (like mine do lol :p). All in all looks good :D

newrider.com