Post Election Pony Therapy

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
As a Lib Dem supporter I'm feeling a bit battered!! So I decided to cuddle/groom/ride both my lovely ponies. How are others celebrating/cheering themselves up

Reactions: orbvalley
The same as you! I was shocked and completely gutted by the result. The economy hasn't even recovered to pre-2008 levels, the deficit has GROWN under the Tories, they've borrowed more in one term of office than the last 4 Labour governments put together, and most people are worse off. 3 and a half million children in poverty, people using food banks, how is any of this progress?! And I HATE Cameron with a passion. I loathe his puddingy face, his smug voice, like he's always explaining to a bunch of idiots. Which is pretty much how he views the electorate, so that figures. Just sayin'! But I had an awesome ride on Roxy, we practised our dressage tests and she was good as gold. Mind you, the mood I am in, even my feisty chestnut mare didn't dare mess with me!

I am seriously thinking of leaving the country! Maybe I'll come and join Joosie in France.... ;)

What is going to happen with Scotland then? Half of you passionately want independence, the other half passionately don't? I think we'll lose you, and be out of the EU, by the end of this next term of government. What a massive f*** up!

Reactions: Native Lover
Come & join us in France, last one out of the uk turn the lights out;)

I'm going to start looking into it. I LOVE France. The education system is better than it is over here, and I could afford a properly with land for my horses! (Because they would be horses plural if I had some land.) Maybe this is a sign than it's time to get the hell out of here - before this referendum which will see us leaving the EU and I will be stuck here!

Well... Scotland is royally ******. I think the SNP won because labour are now seen to be just as bad as the tories, they lied their socks off to keep the union and then once that was secure they stuck 2 fingers up to us. I'm surprised that creepy Jim Murphy still has his job to be perfectly honest. The SNP vote was not a vote for independence, it was a bit of a two fingers back at you vote which has turned out seriously wrong and now I fear we will suffer the consequences.

What is going to happen with Scotland then? Half of you passionately want independence, the other half passionately don't? I think we'll lose you, and be out of the EU, by the end of this next term of government. What a massive f*** up!

I hope it's still safe for us to emigrate to Scotland lol:Do_O I now have visions of any "Englishers" being surrounded in the dark by torch bearing robe wearing people on horse back chanting..........:eek:

I hope it's still safe for us to emigrate to Scotland lol:Do_O I now have visions of any "Englishers" being surrounded in the dark by torch bearing robe wearing people on horse back chanting..........:eek:
Ha ha, don't go to Orkney then Treswers, I think it's a bit like that even now. I know when I had a holiday there a few years back we were talking to the post lady, she had moved there from southern England over 20 years previously and she said the locals still viewed her as an outsider!

Well... Scotland is royally ******. I think the SNP won because labour are now seen to be just as bad as the tories, they lied their socks off to keep the union and then once that was secure they stuck 2 fingers up to us. I'm surprised that creepy Jim Murphy still has his job to be perfectly honest. The SNP vote was not a vote for independence, it was a bit of a two fingers back at you vote which has turned out seriously wrong and now I fear we will suffer the consequences.
Oh that's interesting, I assumed it was because of wanting another referendum on independence. I want to keep the union, personally, but it is a subject that's obviously deeply dividing Scotland and any politician is going to have a hell of a job ahead of them. I hope the SNP and Labour manage to curb the Tory's further 'austerity' plans (which never affect the rich in any way, oddly enough....)

It's really odd here, no-one wanted the Tories back in, it's awful. Yet everyone I spoke to today was delighted by the SNP landslide. My Facebook is full of celebratory posts from people. There's a real buzz about it.

I work in the public sector in Glasgow & it's HUGE that it's no longer a Labour stronghold. Labour controlled Glasgow completely so being wiped out like this is unbelievable. And Lanarkshire, where I live has always been 100% Labour, it's gone to SNP too.o_O

Their behaviour around the referendum was just shocking though. So many people who've been Labour their whole life have swung to SNP.

Interesting times.

If you come to Scotland I'll look after you Trewsers:)

I laughed at the post about Orkney, I'm Scottish & even I felt like an outsider there :eek:

I'm a Lib Dem voter like @KP nut so I am also feeling gloomy and especially sorry for Vince Cable, who was my MP when I lived in London and is the only MP I have ever had tea with in my own kitchen. He was a lovely man and I think he worked hard in Government.

I don't think the Tories will leave the EU. They are supported overwhelmingly by large businesses, and large businesses want to stay in the EU.

I'm so cross at the totally undeserved hammering they got. People switched from Lib Dem to UKIP which I really just don't understand at all. Oh well perhaps 5 years of Tories without the restraining hand of the Lib Dems will help people view their time in coalition differently.

I have huge glass of wine to celebrate. I am blue all the way and more than happy with results. Cuts had to be made and still do for a government that left us is a mess.

The cost of living has gone up full stop and always will. peoples greed got then in to debt not the government. When you are on the bread line you don't take credit or buy the latest phones, TVs and clothes at least that is what I was brought up to believe

I'm a Lib Dem voter like @KP nut so I am also feeling gloomy and especially sorry for Vince Cable, who was my MP when I lived in London and is the only MP I have ever had tea with in my own kitchen. He was a lovely man and I think he worked hard in Government.

I don't think the Tories will leave the EU. They are supported overwhelmingly by large businesses, and large businesses want to stay in the EU.

I'm absolutely sure they don't WANT to leave the EU, but they promised a referendum and I would be VERY surprised if in our small-minded, parochial little way, the public elect for us to stay in. The Tories have shafted themselves, and the back benchers will be holding them hostage over this. I will be sitting back and watching the in-fighting with a smile.

Reactions: Rubic
Feeling deflated...

I spent the day getting my Eva ready for Sandringham this weekend.

I switched from Lib Dem to Green.... I didnt agree that they propped up a Tory government.... Yes they have done some good during there time in government... But I didnt want the propping up another 5 year of the Torys.They knew they would lose seats over it, it was a risk they took.

Well we are all going to pay the price now.

newrider.com