Post surgery *pics added not for the squeamish*

Wow.... they don't tell to all THAT when you read up about them, MrC!!! Sounds horrendous! I hope your op rectified things and you are a lot more comfortable when the after-effects of the op wear off xx

Reactions: MrC
No they don't domane, the standard procedure varies a lot depending on the patient obviously but my case has been misdiagnosed, delayed, files lost, reassigned to three different podiatrists who all decided to start my treatment from scratch each time, denied surgery, paid for my own physio, paid for my own alternative treatments, had laser therapy, honestly it has been a nightmare three years. The delay has caused the calcification in my foot :(

I almost cried when the head surgeon came in, looked at me, looked quickly through my file and proceeded to have a go at the two podiatrist in the room as to why I hadn't already been for surgery over a year ago.

Jeepers, I thought I remembered it was Morton's Neuroma but it sounds hideous. I had a little one, just one in the ball of my foot but I remember well how much it hurt, like being stabbed whenever I put my foot down. It went away on its own - I was obviously very lucky!

I'm glad you finally got the surgery you needed, but I wish it was less horrendous for you :(

Well I was told I had dissolvable stitches after my surgery but well it just wasn't true :(

Went in for a bandage change yesterday and they told me the above and that they were going to remove them. Well I came apart at the seams, I've had a bad stitches removal experience before. So I tried to suck it up and deal, normally I only hiss with pain but well I was screaming. Shameful I know but by god it hurt.

Surgeon is happy with foot, was very surprised at the size of the neuroma that she removed hence her sending it to histology to make sure that's all that it was. Now I just need to heal, rebuilt the internal structures and toughen it up and hope it holds up to my job, my badminton and horse riding.

I have been in even more pain today though which I'm not enjoying at all :( anyways pics

My cousins wee boy and a tired trollish looking me focus on the cute baby and not the mess that is me right now

Day After stitch removal

I do apologise for the state of my feet they are athletes feet and whilst undo take care of them I need the callouses to stop the blisters :p:D

Reactions: Jessey
Wow can't imagine how painful it must be having stitches in the bottom of your foot! I know what you mean about stitch removal being painful I had a mole removed from my stomach and had (only) two stitches. Doctor told me to come back the following week to have them removed, but apparently I heal very well so that by the time I went back my skin was actually re-growing over the stitches. Very painful removal!

Baby is very cute - foot not so much. Hope you recover quickly

Ugh I bet those stitches felt like steel girders.

They seem to have done a neat job - I hope that it heals quickly and the pain reduces. I am sure you will soon be back on it!

Thanks all.

I am pleased it's rather neat, apparently it was staring the surgeon in the face as soon as my foot was opened up. So glad she didn't have to go digging for it :) would have meant more damage, I have more swelling and bruising so hoping I will get the worst out soon and then I can look forwards to the pain decreasing.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I am pleased it's rather neat, apparently it was staring the surgeon in the face as soon as my foot was opened up. So glad she didn't have to go digging for it :) would have meant more damage, I have more swelling and bruising so hoping I will get the worst out soon and then I can look forwards to the pain decreasing.
That

That is so good it was right there for sure!
Are you starting to feel any better?

Probably way too soon to ask but are there any thoughts on when you could get back to riding??
YOU may become great at riding without stirrups!.

I have been told 12 weeks before I should be back to normal use of the foot but up to a year if at all for nerves to settle down and the scar to be fully healed.

I have been warned about several different things that could happen such as total numbness of the ball of my foot or in the opposite direction I could end up with CPS (chronic pain syndrome) which means the pain will never go away and I'd be back to square one but with no hope of relief. I'm hoping that with me massaging it and rehabbing it with the help of my physio that it will heal fine, if anything and it ends up numb then it ends up numb I will just not be walking barefoot anywhere on it again.

Lots of vibes you don't end up with pain after all this.
That would be horrible

Not walking barefoot would the least of things for sure.
I never go barefoot ever, Stepped on a bee at 5 years old- that did it for me! NEVER AGAIN!
I don't even like sandals> I like a shoe around my foot.

newrider.com