Post surgery *pics added not for the squeamish*

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
well I'm four days post surgery now and I have to say I'm not managing well. I have an allergy to anaesthetic so It doesn't always leave my system as it should do.

I was discharged the same day and I went home had food and pretty much crashed, slept the rest of that night and well into th Next day, I wasn't sent home with decent painkillers so I had to deal with the pain and swelling until my docs could organise pain meds, I have them now but I have to say I'm not sure if they are worth it, making me feel nauseous Everytime I sit up. I have halved the dosage and whilst it's not fully removing my pain in dencently comfortable and able to sit up.

However I'm not dealing mentally with my inactivity this was always going to be the hard thing for me. I cannot sit at peace unless sleeping I am just a very active person, pain I can live with, I have done for years but being confined doesn't suit my temperament even though I know it's for the best.

I want to go see my horse but I can't, I want to go outside but I tried it and nearly passed out, I suppose unjust wanted a moan. I have my first bandage change next wed so hoping I can get to see the extent of the wound, at present I can only see my colourful toes.

Sorry just needed a moan x

Moan away - I understand where you are coming from.

Have you someone to look after you a bit at home ?

Reactions: MrC
Moan away - I understand where you are coming from.

Have you someone to look after you a bit at home ?

I have a good support network with my parents and my friends, my. Mum is popping over to feed me three times a day, I feel bad though as she is coming over and I'm eating just to throw most of it back up again :(

How awful that sounds. I found jigsaw puzzles good for killing time and keeping the brain amused if you feel up to them.

Hope you feel better soon

Oh, anaesthetics are the pits. I feel your pain.

Be kind to yourself! Is there something you've always wanted to read? Something you've always wanted to make? Now's your chance.

And was whatever you feel like - your body knows!

I'm scared to eat as I'm being sick :( Body is really up and down, feel bad as my mum is coming over to feed me three times a day then has to help me to the toilet to be sick :(

Makes me feel terrible, I need help to shower as I can't balance on one leg with my funny plastic thing on, also had a funny episode tonight when I stood up without my shoe on and the pressure in my foot made me think my foot was going to pop. My toes turned a horrid shade of strangled purple and I was nearly sick. Didn't even have my foot on the floor :(

Honesty I am not regretting the surgery as I've been in constant pain for three years now but I'm not feeling great at all

Ooh I feel so sorry for you xx
Can your doctor not give you something to stop the nausea? You need to eat to heal.
What about drinks? If you can keep liquids down ask your mum to get you some of the glucose drinks from the chemist, or even the protein drinks. Anything like that to give vits and mins into you.
As for boredom, not sure I can help you with that one. I struggle to sit still for an hour at a time so dread the thought of bed rest!
Sort out photos into albums?
Go through old paperwork and get rid of the electricity bills from 1978 that you've been keeping 'just in case'
Catch up with old friends vis Facebook?
Choose a holiday for when you are recovered?
Do your Christmas shopping on-line and be organised for once?

I really hope you have a swift recovery x

Oh no, sounds nasty, I think you need to speak to your GP again though, they can definitely give you something to stop the nausea, at least that would help you feel a little bit more normal and if you can eat it will help speed your recovery.
I'm rubbish at being confined too so feel your pain, however I love reading so if ever im incapacitated and confined I can easily pass the time with a good book.
Hope you soon start to feel a bit better.

Well I had my first fall today :( was just crutching to the couch put my foot down so I could pivot but my foot slid inside the shoe I have on and down I went. Foot is now protesting loudly and I'm back in my bed having had to clean vomit off my living room carpet. Joys of living alone I suppose.

My mum is coming along later to check my foot and feed me again. So much for me feeding myself as of yet, first time and a failure.

Oh gosh sounds awful, you take care missis ! Bless your mum for caring for you :)

So sorry you are having a hard and unhappy time.
What you say is true - some people react badly to anaesthetics and there isnt always a proper explanation of what to expect afterwards.
And after care is handed over to GPs - Mine said the surgeons are wildly over optimistic about recovery time - so PATIENCE, moving about when told to, and drinking lots and being obedient to medics, does matter in the long run.
That includes wearing support stockings if you have been told to do that?
My brain was too fuddled to do anything note worthy, but I did find some distractions, like watching girley box sets on TV, and once I was well enough for the computer, I then began the tedious task on line of identifying the men who served in a particular army unit in WW1 - something for which I dont have time when life is normal. I covered surnames A - D before I recovered but it did use up time without asking too much brain power. And if I ever get ill again, I will continue on line.
The GP said it took a year to recover from surgery, physically and mentally but I reckon it took me nearer two years.
You need to allow yourself lots of time, understanding that better will surely follow. And the good years hopefully will outnumber the bad ones.

That sounds awful, I'd definitely call the doc for anti nausea meds or at least some pain meds stong enough to help you sleep, I found that was a good way not to go stir crazy when I did my pelvis, sleep loads, helps with healing, that was my excuse.
I spilt 3 cups of coffee on the floor the first day and couldn't clean it up so the stains are still visible :( could you possibly stay with mum for a few days, to keep you occupied chatting to her?

Thanks all

I wish I could go stay with my mum but they sold our old family home and bought a much smaller one and it needed a lot of work, they aren't even living in it :( they are hoping to move in next week :)

Just feeling very low and very sore. Spoke to docs about pain meds yesterday but they are saying to speak to my surgeon on wed when I go back. I have been given buccal tabs so been taking these, I'm still vomiting but not as much :(

Reactions: Jessey
Mortons neuroma surgery

Nerve damage resulting in lumps between my toes and nerve damage, splaying of the foot, feels like you always have broken glass in your shoes, foot spasms and it leads to mechanical walking issues as you walk differently.

I had the bottom of my foot slit open and nerves and lumps removed then a clean out of the metatarsal spaces, scar tissues removed and stitched back up. I don't have a lot of flesh on my feet so my body has built up the balls of my foot and it had calcified so had to be stripped.

Sending you lots of healing vibes for a speedy recovery! That sounds incredibly painful. The only way I can cope with 'box rest' is to have a project (cross stitch bookmarks are a fave!).

newrider.com